“Quality Plus Steakhouse”

Ranked #232 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Here, you can enjoy fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere. Located within the Bonanza Casino and adorned with a Southwestern decor, Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse specializes in USDA Prime-grade beef. Each of our dishes is prepared daily, using only the finest ingredients.A perfect complement to any meal, Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse offers a wide selection of fine wines as well as a variety of decadent desserts to top off the evening, prepared by one of our award-winning pastry chefs. With exceptional cuisine, first-class service and a comfortable and inviting atmosphere, it's no question why Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse was voted Best in Nevada six years in a row by Nevada Magazine.Open Wednesday through Sunday, 5:00 - 9:00 P.M. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Chris the master chef and director of food services always has a superior menu. the host is a wonderful gentleman of French derivation who knows his wines and quite willing to pair your food choices with the appropriate wine.

1  Thank Charles W
BonanzaChefChrisRomm, Executive Chef at Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Charles,
Thank you so very much for your kind words and sentiment. You obviously know how much we all invest of ourselves in Cactus Creek and the Bonanza Casino. Alain our Cactus Creek Maitre'D is a wonderful person who truly enjoys his daily interaction with our guests. Thanks so much for the great review, our team is highly appreciative!

There are newer reviews for Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went here on several local recommendations. Definitely lived up to its reputation. Steak and seafood were amazing and wine prices very reasonable. Coconut cake for dessert - heaven! Décor is not fancy and it's in a funny little casino, but even if it's not love at first sight, it will be love at first bite.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank Dukekit
BonanzaChefChrisRomm, Executive Chef at Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Janet.
Thank you for taking time to write a review of Cactus Creek. We so appreciate that you enjoyed our Prime Rib. Our staff takes great pride in serving our guests, we desire that everyone get great service, along with a wonderful slice of our Prime Rib:)
Again thank you for your wonderful review
Chris Romm

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Friends of mine living in Carson City recommended this place so we met there one night to have one of the best pieces of Prime Rib I've ever had. Arriving at the small casino located North of downtown and by itself had be wondering what I had got myself into. It was GREAT! Highly recommend this for Fair prices and GREAT food.

2  Thank UltimateSports

Ultimate Sports,
Thank you so very much for your excellent review. We put our hearts and souls into making great food and providing great service. I am so pleased you enjoyed our Prime Rib. We place a great deal of time and energy into our Prime Rib in particular. It is well seasoned and infused with fresh garlic, slow roasted for 14 hours. This helps insure it's the very best! I will share your great review with our team, again thank you and we hope to serve you soon.
Chris Romm

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great Prime Rib and great service. We eat here several times a year and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank Janet H
BonanzaChefChrisRomm, Executive Chef at Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Janet,
Thank you so very much for taking time to write a great review. I am so pleased you enjoy of superb USDA Prime-Prime Rib, we take great pride in what we prepare for our guests and it looks like we hit a home run for you with the Prime Rib and our Service!. We look forward to serving you again soon
Cheers!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have made 3 visits here since September of 2012. After seeing this place be voted The Best of Nevada for years and years and living in Northeast Reno for a couple years now AND being a frequent flyer of the coffee shop (Branding Iron) due to late night, close and relatively good quality diner food and service we finally stopped into the steakhouse for a birthday dinner in September.

It isn't smokey once you're in the restaurant and if you go in the dining entrance vs. the far entrance, its like 2.5 seconds till you're in the restaurant anyways... I also grew up in Nevada so this sort of thing just doesn't phase me like some people gripe about, and I am on oxygen so listen to me people... it's worth it.

I love prime rib and let others I come with venture out food wise, so I have always ordered the prime rib, medium rare (all sizes are delicious). I have tried the lamb chops, black cherry duck, Kobe beef and king crab monthly special (the crab was extremely tasty), seared scallops, sirloin steak and various potato sides. Eventually I want to try the bison, the escargot (got to get brave), steamed clams, prawn and scallop thermidor, steak diane etc (the menu is expansive, but not repetitive, I noticed Berkshire pork which is exceptional quality heritage pork too).

If you do ONE THING here, somehow, go on a day where the soup is Cream of Dill (possibly on Saturdays), coincidentally (all 3 visits this has been the soup de jour, I think all three visits were Saturdays), I MISTAKENLY skipped out on this the first time thinking what a strange concoction, the second time the waiter highly recommended it so we gave it a shot... I have dreams about this soup I am telling you it is so good. The waiter informed us that the chef (which should be a no-brainer, he is a chef) makes great soups and desserts, and said there is a chilled soup in the summer that is good too. We will be making a trip to try that sometime.

My most recent visit was in April of 2013 and again, spectacular meal and service. This time we got to see another table have the table-side banana's foster dessert presentation, which was a treat, we were so stuffed though I went for a creme brulee which is my favorite dessert. The waitress chose a specially shaped dish that served for two and it was rich, and creamy. Next time though we are gorging and getting a presentation dessert.

I think the prices have gone up a tid bit, probably due to having to pay 12 million out to the lottery winner haha. But it is comparable to other steakhouses that I have been to, but this is our clear winner. It is probably a bit biased because it is close to home, but the fact you don't have to park 18 miles away go through 3 casinos etc and taste of food.

Highly, highly recommended.

The ONLY thing that would make this even more stellar is if they started sourcing from local ranches for some menu items. They currently use prime grade, grain-fed back east beef (which the fat is so yummy in the prime rib) but it would be amazing to see what they could do with grass-fed items too!

If you didn't guess, we are in love with this place.

Sebby,
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! We strive to create the experiences you describe. Regarding your comments on local sourcing, it is a challenge. We are constantly seeking local suppliers who can provide consistently high quality food items. We currently feature one all natural USDA prime steak on the menu and that is our New York steak. It is sourced from a small cattle rancher who we have contracted with. They are able to supple us a wonderful USDA prime New York steak that is antibiotic and hormone free. This is important and we are seeking more cattle ranchers who can consistently supply us other Prime items that are all natural as well. We also seek local produce when available. We are always looking.......The price on our Prime Rib has been increased slightly and that is due to the ever increasing prices we pay for these very high quality items. We rarely increase prices and this increase was minimal. We work to keep our pricing very fair and certainly lower than any other restaurant for the highest quality USDA Prime beef we serve.
We are so pleased you are in love with Cactus Creek and we will continue to excel and provide you great food and service.
Cheers!

Been to Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!