“Good food - good service”

Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #233 of 922 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Here, you can enjoy fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere. Located within the Bonanza Casino and adorned with a Southwestern decor, Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse specializes in USDA Prime-grade beef. Each of our dishes is prepared daily, using only the finest ingredients.A perfect complement to any meal, Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse offers a wide selection of fine wines as well as a variety of decadent desserts to top off the evening, prepared by one of our award-winning pastry chefs. With exceptional cuisine, first-class service and a comfortable and inviting atmosphere, it's no question why Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse was voted Best in Nevada six years in a row by Nevada Magazine.Open Wednesday through Sunday, 5:00 - 9:00 P.M. Reservations recommended.
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Good food - good service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The service was good and the food also good. It felt a little cramped for me, but I do like the tables spaced out a bit more to feel more relaxed and personal.

• Visited March 2013
BonanzaChefChrisRomm, Executive Chef at Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
JetLag,
Thanks so much for taking time tor review Cactus Creek. We strive to serve excellent food and provide great service. It appears we could have done more to make your evening stand out. I appreciate your comments about the room. We try and create seating to accommodate just the right amount of guests, sometimes it is a challenge. I believe we had a few larger parties the evening you were in and that does change the set up of our dining room. We hope you will return time again to Cactus Creek.

Red Bluff, California
“Easter Brunch”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is an amazing restaurant. The service and menu for our Easter Brunch was beyond compare. The affordable price included starters, entree, desert and a complimentary glass of Schramsberg Champagne. My choices included spinach salad with Dranbruie Bacon Dressing, Lobster Benedict and Tahitian Creme Brûlée. So great. Atmosphere was quiet and relaxed. Service great. After brunch and a couple of glasses of champagne, you can get ready to drive while spending some time in the casino at the Bonanza!!

• Visited March 2013
BonanzaChefChrisRomm, Executive Chef at Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Christine,
Your review made me hungry! We obviously take great satisfaction in preparing great food and giving great service. Easter Brunch is a treat for us as well as we have the opportunity to showcase some unique menu offering such as the Lobster Benedict. I will share your review with the kitchen and service staff. Reviews such as your are what we strive for on a daily basis, we are gratified we were able to amaze you! Thanks again for your thoughtful review, we hope to serve you soon.
Best
Chris Romm
Reno, Nevada
“Just Average”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This restaurant has won awards, I am not certain why though. The atmosphere was outdated, the service was slow (it took ten minutes before anyonme even came to the table to take our order) and the food was just average. The only nice thing I can say was they did have a nice wine list. With so many other better choices here in Reno, I do not think I will be taking a trip to the north valley again for this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
BonanzaChefChrisRomm, Food and Beverage Director at Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear TravellinFool13,
I was dismayed to read your review in that you found us to be "just average" We certainly strive to be much more than average. There is no excuse for slow service period and for that I apologize. I would greatly appreciate more information regarding the entrees you selected. Please feel free to call me directly or email me so that I may address your last visit and have an opportunity to directly address your concerns. Your business is appreciated and we do not want anyone disappointed in any way. My email is cromm@bonanzacasino.com or my phone number is 775-323-2724 ext 140.
I look forward to hearing from you
Best
Chris Romm
Orovada, NV
“The best dinner in Reno!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We decided to go at the last minute, and were lucky enough to be seated kind of early, without a reservation, at 5:45.There were so many interesting dishes to choose from, making a decision was difficult. My guy ordered the cream of celery soup, a velvety smooth soup with just the right amount of peppercorn heat. I had the crisp house salad, with perfect blue cheese dressing. For our main dish, my guy had the bison steak, which was thick and flavorful, and a delicious ancho cheese potato side dish. I had veal piccata, which was very tender and lemony, just the way I love it! My side dish was perfectly sautéed mushroom fricassee. I'm watching carbs, so I didn't have any rolls from the bread basket. My guy said the rolls were great, as was the meal. In fact, I loved that soup so much, I took an order of it, to go! The service was attentive, and the ambiance was cozy. You have to walk to the back of a smoky locals casino to find this restaurant, and it's pricey, but so worth it! We will definitely return!

• Visited January 2013
BonanzaChefChrisRomm, Manager at Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
ihorow1160,
What a wonderful review! We strive to create wonderful food and are so grateful you enjoyed our culinary endeavors. We make everything from "scratch" and we put a lot of work and good old fashioned care into everything we prepare for our guests. It's rare that a review makes me hungry for our own food but you have done just that!
As you are aware we have enclosed Cactus Creek to help overcome the smoke that you wrote of. Cactus Creek is now entirely smoke free which certainly helps non smokers enjoy a great dining experience. We truly look forward to a return visit and we anticipate hitting many homes runs for you in the future!
Again thank you for your kind words.
Chef Chris
Reno
“Very Unhappy with food and service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant claims to be the best in Reno. Not so from our experience. First of all, the walk thrugh the Casino left us all smelling like smoke nbefore we go to the restaurant. The Pork Tenderloin was so hard we could not cut it with the knife. The Beef Stroganoff tasted awful and the Prawn and Scallops were grossly overcooked. The service also sucked. We had trouble finding the waiter He never came back to see if we needed anything and couldn't find him to pay the bill. I do thnk they should be paying me for that experiece.

• Visited January 2013
Ajay,
I am dismayed greatly by your review, and I apologize for the experience. We strive to be the very best and when we drop the ball we are very disappointed as well. By any chance did you speak with our Maitre'd about your experience? I am confident had he been made aware of the food and service issues you would have have been pleasantly surprised by his desire to do whatever it took to make you happy. We never want a guest to leave unhappy and as you can tell from many of our reviews that we care deeply about our guests experience. If you would care to contact me directly I can assure you that we will make it right for you. We never wish a guest to leave unhappy, again had we only known of your situation, we would have had an opportunity to satisfy you before you departed. Again, please feel free to contact me, we would like to have you back and show you what Cactus Creek is known for.

Been to Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!