“Dinner and a show”

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
“Dinner and a show”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we were met by a nice gentleman who showed us to our seat. We were promptly greated by a nice young lady who brought us chips, pico de gallo and salsa. She also took our drink order.

Our server was friendly and took our order. Wait time for our order to be brought to our table was acceptable since it was a busy dinner rush.

On the food front, nothing out standing to mention here. Food was good and the price was fair. Where they excelled was in the service we received from the assistant waiter. She was outstanding. My ice tea glass didn't remain empty long. As soon as I emptied the glass she had it filled back up quickly. When she was busy the server took over.

Now the title of this review is dinner and a show. The show was a gentleman walking the restaurant with a guitar, stopping at the tables and playing.

My tip for here is to order a side of flour tortillas and making your own bean and cheese burrito. They give you plenty of rice and beans with your dinner to make a couple of these.

Visited September 2013

“Best Mexican food in Reno!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We started off with their signature margarita that were terrific! Next we enjoyed their tortilla soup--the best I have ever had.

I enjoyed the shrimp special. It was a little too cheesy for me, but it tastesd great.

Service was great and the prices were more than reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
Strongsville, Ohio
“Run of the Mill Mexican”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was initially very hopeful for a great experience. The warm chips and salsa brought to the table were excellent. Unfortunately, it was all downhill from there. I ordered a premium hand shaken margarita which had little flavor other than tequila. My meal arrived shortly thereafter and was very average. Little complexity of flavors. I was brought flour tortillas that were dry and hard. I visit Reno several times a year and was hoping for a great Mexican meal...........I'm still looking.

• Visited April 2013
Southington, Connecticut
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you get to visit Murrieta's Restaurant you need to get the tortilla soup. I ordered it as an appetizer because I've had it in the past at other restaurants and have enjoyed it. I think this restaurant has the best tortilla soup I've ever had. I wish I got more than what I ordered.

While eating a mariachi came around and played a song at my table and he was very good. I had an excellent time and would come again if I was in the area.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Carl P
Reno, Nevada
“OLE!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My sister and I loved our recent dinner and margaritas. This was my second visit and I will definitely be back...

Visited January 2013