“I'm going to toss my hat in the ring.....”

Peg's Glorified Ham n Eggs
Ranked #5 of 935 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Olympia, Washington
“I'm going to toss my hat in the ring.....”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I can't really add too much about this long-time downtown Reno establishment. Good service with constant coffee refills, an excellent juice (hello fresh-squeezed!), and great food (Huevos Rancheros). The slaw that comes with the HR and the beans mixed together are wonderful. I think I could eat just those two items! What is in that slaw?!

The Breakfast Burrito was also excellent and the biscuits & gravy earned high marks.

Look, it's not fancy. It's bustling and loud with hard-working folks and happy diners. I think the coffee is great and I dig the food. If you are not the big breakfast eater, split the HR and you won't be disappointed.

It's walking distance back to the casino area which you travelers will need. I did!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank zydeco3535

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Huge, delicious portions!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I ordered an omlette filled with fresh veggies and topped with avocado, which was HUGE and extremely tasty. Toast came as one large sourdough and one whole grain piece, both were great. Breakfast also came with hash browns and a slice of fresh cantaloupe, in case by any chance you were still hungry. Fresh squeezed orange juice and smiley service? So so glad I checked this place out.

Phoenix, Arizona
“One of the best ...DO NOT miss eating here when in Reno!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was a great dining experience recenly when in Reno for a conference. This is a funky little restaurant that is big on taste. I had the opportunity to experience what I feel was the best Bicuits and Gravy that I have eaten. I am from Texas and this is a staple at home but this blew me away. The sausage gravy was creamy and savory while the biscuits were big and fluffy. They have a huge selection of breakfast items many served in skillet format that looked amazing as well. Traditional favorites and electic offerings complete their menu and the service was just as memorable. I was reminded of the many restaurants in my hometown of Austin, TX where great people and great food are shared in a great environment. Start your day off right and do not miss this restaurant when in Reno!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank phxaztraveler
california
“The Best Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had the Peg's Combination scramble, or something like that. It was amazing. It had potatoes, eggs, mushrooms and I asked them to put cheese on top. I ate 1/3 of it in the restaurant and had the rest for 2 other meals. Yum, Yum. The second time I went in I had the pork chops and eggs -- to die for!!! Again, I got 3 meals out of it. These guys really know how to cook good food and are easy to find on Mae Ann in Northwest Reno in a shopping center that is only about half full with tenants.

• Visited July 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Reliable breakfast, local favorite”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

As trip advisor suggested, we visited this breakfast joint as we were bugging out of Reno. The food was good and the service excellent. We liked the many Mexican menu items including huevos ranchero and chorizo immerses. Go hungry since the skillet portions are HUGE!