“Nothing Special Here”

Description: Home Of American Grafitti
Jarbidge, Nevada
“Nothing Special Here”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is OK, nothing special, the prices are a bit higher than I would have expected for this type of restaurant, but the service was great. An interesting collection of 60's memorabilia helped pass the time while waiting for our food.

• Visited October 2012

HOBBS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the Oldies”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was great, prices were very reasonable. Service was very good. Love the Oldies atmosphere. Breakfast is served 24/7, I loved that. I love breakfast for dinner.

Visited June 2012
Chico, California, United States
“Fun and good”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great decorations. Good diner food. Great prices. Milkshakes are the best. We almost always make sure we visit Mel's.

Visited October 2012
Reno, Nevada
“Just awful”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place smells like cigarettes and cheap cleaner. It reminds me of my hometown bowling alley, but the restaurant at the bowling alley smelled better.
If the smell doesn't deter you from staying, the food and service will keep you from returning. The food is average at best and very overly greasy. The service is poor as waiters are unhappy and don't check on you much at all.

There are way better places in downtown Reno to get better food at the same prices with way better service.

Please don't confuse this Mel's with the famous Mel's found in Southern California. They are two completely different chains.

Rocklin
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Mel's is open 24 hours and advertised in our hotel pamphlet as even doing room service til 2:30AM so you can imagine my disappointment when we went to get food and found only a sign saying that they were closed from 10 - 4! the second night they were open late and the food was decent but I wouldn't recommend it as anything but a late night last resort. They may also need to work on their customer service.... They are pleasant when you have someone in front of you but we were waiting for a few minutes when some more customers came behind us and asked us if the place was open. They then flagged down some help but I shouldn't have to make a spectacle of myself to get some attention.

Visited September 2012