“Excellent dinner and service”

Bricks Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #93 of 922 Restaurants in Reno
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Florida
“Excellent dinner and service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We go to Bricks for special occasions and have never had a bad meal. All the entrees are great and the service can't be topped. This was our last night as we were moving away from the area. We wanted to have our very favorite meal. We started with mushrooms stuffed with escargot and topped with blue cheese. Then a house salad field greens, artichokes, cucumber with their house dressing. Our entree was King Crab on pasta. What makes this special is that they take the crab completely out of the shell for you - no work- just enjoy andthere was plenty ofcrab. Wine list was limited but we found one we enjoyed. Service was top notch. Everything was fabulous! Meals can be pricey which is why we go for special occasions whenwe want to savoir our meal.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DesertMagpie

Reno, Nevada
“An Exceptional Dining Experience”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice atmosphere, beautiful bar area with an amazing wine list. The menu is not extensive but very adequate complimented by wonderful specials. My steak was incredible! A first time experience and I will be returning to enjoy the food and atmosphere again.

• Visited August 2013
Bellville, Texas
“Avoid the booths”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Bricks had a limited but interesting menu. The wine list was also limited but very adequate. Our food was very good. The bruschetta appetizer was as good as it gets, the toasted bread was still warm and the tomatoes, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella were cold - superior presentation and taste. Key lime pie was third on my all time list. Entrees were very good and the service was good. We sat in a NY style booth that was divided by glass partitions. The group next to us has one woman whose voice was so loud you could have heard her on the East Coast and she was trying to impress everyone within hearing distance with her travel exploits. I almost gave Bricks a 2 star rating just because the loud mouth spoiled what was an otherwise excellent meal.

Visited August 2013
“Profoundly unimpressed”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I must say I was shocked. $30+/plate and we received the following:

Coconut prawn appetizer tasted precisely like macaroons my mother used to make. There was something cool and crisp in the center, but if it was prawn, I couldn't tell. This appetizer came with an out-of-place hyper-sweet citrus sauce that made the dish worse.

Veal so supersaturated with lemon or whatever it was steeped in as to be unrecognizable. I believe I was eating a bath sponge that sopped up a spilled lemon-scented cleaner.

Canned lobster. I know it's Reno and we can't just go down to the pier for today's catch, but the lobster claws, while they looked nice as whole pieces, tasted years old.

Presentation/plating of all dishes was no different than what you'd get at any mom and pop Italian restaurant for half the price.

Fettuccine so heavy in cream the taste of seafood was "non-detect". "Pescatore" should be replaced with "Formaggio". Low quality and small scallops for the price, shrimp (and lobster) were overcooked and tough; I would have paid the same price to receive fewer, higher quality scallops.

Service was kind, prompt, and without incident. I really think, since we were among the last tables there, the chef didn't care and wanted to go home.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank yymm
“Elegance in Reno.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Excellent bar and great wine selection. Menu is very limited but very good. A little pricey but worth it.

Visited October 2012