“Great Pizza by the Slice”
Review of Nu Yalk Pizza

Nu Yalk Pizza
Ranked #216 of 959 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Love love love this pizza! It is definitely my favorite pizza place in Reno. Traditional New York style pizza with a nice thin crust. Their shortbread cookies are amazing too! The new location is a little noisy, the voices echo so sometimes it best to get it to go.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The pizza is great. The store is brand new and super clean. The seats and tables are not very comfortable, though...basically outdoor furniture. But a nice patio area.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

For years I'd heard how great this pizza place was so we decided to get some to go. I was not impressed by any means. $60 for 2 large pizzas is a pretty penny to shell out for not fabulous pizza. I'll go one step further it wasn't even average. So disappointed and frankly embarrassed, especially since we had house guests and they insisted on paying. It'll be sometime before I have pizza from there again. Maybe in the move they forgot how to make pizza.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family stopped in here the other day after we arrived at the Reno airport and before we drove on to Tahoe. We were about to pull into a Wendy's when my brother spied this place and we decided to try something new.

If anyone hasn't tried NY pizza and thinks this is what it tastes like they must really wonder why everyone raves about NY pizza. It gives NY pizza a bad name. Actually, it gives pizza in general a bad name. It might even give food a bad name.

I think the only thing my brother was happy about was his little draft beer that was less than $2 though he did say it tasted like it's price. We all ordered pizza slices. Two of us made the mistake of ordering the extra cheese...do not do this! It was globbed on and made us sick later. The grease even on the regular cheese was a disgusting puddle that my sister-in-law tried to mop up with napkins from her slice. I guess the grease was the only thing that made it slightly like NY pizza.

The crust was absolutely tasteless, the sauce completely forgettable and basically all it had was globs of mozzarella (even the slices that were not extra cheese) on it. A frozen pizza tastes way better!!

As far as the service, I'd say that wasn't fabulous either. I ordered with my little brother (standing there together and both speaking to the order taker) and we asked for 3 slices. She ended up only ringing up 1 slice. We're not really sure how she did that and even if she thought she heard 1 slice, you'd think she'd double check that's what we wanted since we were both standing there. We had to go back up to the line and let her know her mistake so that we could get it fixed. In retrospect, I wish we had only the one piece to split amongst us...it would have been less nasty food to digest. Next time, we'll go to Wendy's.

This is definitely a place to skip!!

1  Thank bluefaery
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nu Yalk recently opened at its new location after it had to close at Moana last year. The building looks sharp. The pizza is OK if you are in the neighborhood; not worth a special trip or waiting in line. Seems like average joe pizza to me; maybe the slightly zestier sauce is what makes it New York style?

Been to Nu Yalk Pizza? Share your experiences!