“Outstanding in Every Way”

Reserve with OpenTable
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 922 Restaurants in Reno
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Recently voted one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the nation for "Best Service" by OpenTable and a fifteen-time Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Winner, Sterling's is Silver Legacy's ultimate dining experience, featuring steak, veal, poultry and seafood specialties. Open from 5pm nightly, reservations are recommended.
Holbrook, NY
“Outstanding in Every Way”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to Sterling with my son a few days ago. I would rank this steakhouse with the best one's anywhere. The atmosphere is classic upscale steakhouse... dark, woody, quiet... however I would not call this at all stuffy. We started with the escargot. If you like garlic, you will love this. A very tasty garlicky sauce perfectly compliments the escargot which were plentiful. My son and I shared this. The sauce is so good, you could put in on anything and make a nice meal of it. Good for dunking with the outstanding onion rolls. I had the prime rib and it was prepared just as I requested... rare. They served it with a sampling of horseradish, horseradish sauce and au jus. My son had the filet mignon which looked great and he said it was excellent. We ordered mushrooms as a side. Very tasty and a perfect compliment to the steak. We were too stuffed for dessert. Service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. If you are in the mood for steak (they have a lot of non-beef choice, by the way), I would give this place a try. We'll go again next time in Reno.

Visited September 2013
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking a moment to tell everyone about your experience in Sterling's. We very much hope we will see you again soon.

Akron, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Ambiance!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate here as a group and greatly enjoyed the selection and atmosphere.
We were waited on by a VERY professional staff and never had to ask for anything, because they seemed to know what we wanted as soon as we wanted it.
That's what happens when folks pay attention to people and do their jobs well.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PhillTe
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and taking the time to write it. Reviews like this only make us work harder in hopes you will pay us another visit when you are in town.
So Cal
“Very Good Food and Service”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place was recommended by hotel staff. Looked upscale when we walked in. Turns out it was. I honestly didn't expect the caliber of service or food we were served. And I wish I could remember the name of the wine our server suggested with the meal.

Visited July 2013
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Wanted to take the time to thank you for your wonderful review and let you know there is a solution to your wine conundrum, in the future at least. We now have our wine list on Ipads and there is a feature that allows you to click on "Consider This" and save it to a personal folder. If you want to remember the wine you can then email that selection with a picture of the label and the wine maker's notes to your personal email address for your files. Hope this helps and that you will visit us again in the future.
Cheers!
Seneca, South Carolina
“Darn good casino steakhouse”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My friend & I shared a celebration dinner on our 5 night stay at Silver Legacy. Very good service at the correct pace throughout the meal. Comfortable seating and atmosphere. Extensive wine list on the iPad. I asked for the sommelier to help with a selection of our wine, but they did not have one available. In my opinion, when you offer wine for $200 and above per bottle, you should have a sommelier. Add in the fact that this is the high-end restaurant of the resort, and the missing sommelier is disappointing.
However, all other aspects of the dining experience were excellent, and I would return again, with different expectations for wine selection.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SCTravelerandskier
Thank you very much for your kind review but would like to address the sommelier issue. It is true we do not employ a sommelier as such but I am the Wine Director for the hotel and the GM in Sterling's and am on the floor 5 days a week. I am guessing you might have been there on my day off. Nonetheless the Maitre d's are all trained in wine as are the Front Waiters though not to the extent of the Maitre d's. I sincerely apologize for your getting the misinformation that there was no one available to help with your selection. I'm guessing you might have asked one of our back waiters which is certainly no excuse. They should have directed you to the proper person. Please know that this has been addressed with staff and I certainly hope you will give us another try. Cheers!
San Antonio, Texas
“Best Place Downtown”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food and service is always excellent. We come to Reno each year and always make time for dinner at Sterling's. Never disappointed. Love this place.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Anna W
Thank you very much for your kind review and your ranking us the top spot in town. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and took the time to tell everyone. We all look forward to your next visit.