“Darn good casino steakhouse”

Reserve with OpenTable
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 996 Restaurants in Reno
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Recently voted one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the nation for "Best Service" by OpenTable and a fifteen-time Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Winner, Sterling's is Silver Legacy's ultimate dining experience, featuring steak, veal, poultry and seafood specialties. Open from 5pm nightly, reservations are recommended.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My friend & I shared a celebration dinner on our 5 night stay at Silver Legacy. Very good service at the correct pace throughout the meal. Comfortable seating and atmosphere. Extensive wine list on the iPad. I asked for the sommelier to help with a selection of our wine, but they did not have one available. In my opinion, when you offer wine for $200 and above per bottle, you should have a sommelier. Add in the fact that this is the high-end restaurant of the resort, and the missing sommelier is disappointing.
However, all other aspects of the dining experience were excellent, and I would return again, with different expectations for wine selection.

1  Thank SCTravelerandskier
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review but would like to address the sommelier issue. It is true we do not employ a sommelier as such but I am the Wine Director for the hotel and the GM in Sterling's and am on the floor 5 days a week. I am guessing you might have been there on my day off. Nonetheless the Maitre d's are all trained in wine as are the Front Waiters though not to the extent of the Maitre d's. I sincerely apologize for your getting the misinformation that there was no one available to help with your selection. I'm guessing you might have asked one of our back waiters which is certainly no excuse. They should have directed you to the proper person. Please know that this has been addressed with staff and I certainly hope you will give us another try. Cheers!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food and service is always excellent. We come to Reno each year and always make time for dinner at Sterling's. Never disappointed. Love this place.

2  Thank Anna W

Thank you very much for your kind review and your ranking us the top spot in town. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and took the time to tell everyone. We all look forward to your next visit.
Bon Appetite!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This AWARD WINNING Steakhouse must be at the top of your list! Upon entering, you will be greeted by Phillip (Maitre d' Extraordinarie). He and his great staff, along with the Chef, will make your dining experience WORTH EVERY BITE.

1  Thank JAMES T
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thanks so much for your wonderful review James although the Maitre d' is now wondering if I took his job :) Always a pleasure and thanks again for taking the time to write and tell all.
Cheers!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very classy atmosphere. The waiters have waiter assistance. Very prompt service. Ipads to view pictures of the menu. It is EXPENSIVE! I had the salmon special, which was a simple piece of salmon with carrots & aspargus and egg plant parm for $39 and the lobster bisque a cup for $7. The salmon was good, the bisque ok - had a shell that made it difficult to want to eat the rest. The eggplant was just ok, and was an odd combination. My daughter and the filet mignon and lobster, $67 which was not a bad price, but was a small portion. She did enjoy it, came with garlic mashed potatoes which were very good. The clam chowder was also good. My other daughter had the ribeye with mashed potatoes. It was a large portion, but had a lot of fat, it was $45. They did give us each a complimentary glass of 1985 sherry, which was good, if you like sherry. The service was prompt, even though we did have to wait a very long time for our check (we spied our waiter eating off a plate and he seemed mildly intoxicated). The waiters assistant was actually very good and very attentive. Overall a nice meal, but for $170 felt it could have been better.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Almost every time I am in Reno I make it a point to try and have dinner at Sterling's. It is a bit on the expensive side but every once in awhile you need to treat yourself. Food has always been outstanding and so is the service. Can't miss at this place.

1  Thank Alan N
PhilipDeManczuk, General Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and taking the time to tell others about us. Hope your back in Reno soon and come to visit us.
Cheers!
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse

Been to Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse? Share your experiences!