“best sunday brunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse

Reserve with OpenTable
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 905 Restaurants in Reno
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Recently voted one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the nation for "Best Service" by OpenTable and a fifteen-time Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Winner, Sterling's is Silver Legacy's ultimate dining experience, featuring steak, veal, poultry and seafood specialties. Open from 5pm nightly, reservations are recommended.
tahoe
“best sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The absolute best sunday brunch in Reno. If mothers day or easter then the deserts are unbelievable when special occasion days. We have been here 5 times. 3 out of 5 times the service has been the absolute best. Twice we have been discouraged but keep coming back because the food is the best. When they have king crab legs, they are enourmous.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank tahoekat
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind review of our Sunday Brunch and my apologies as well for the two times you felt service was not up to our standards. I very much appreciate the feedback as well as your willingness to overlook this matter and continue to visit us. Please know I will look into this with staff and very much appreciate your bringing it to my attention.

San Jose, California
“Superb food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We dined at Sterling's at the Silver Legacy while visiting relatives in Reno last month (Dec) based on the TA reviews. We were not disappointed. Per our online reservation request, they gave us a quiet booth. The food was delicious, from the special lobster bisque, to our salads and entrees (grilled salmon and ribeye), and the dessert of bananas foster. The staff was very warm and friendly and the atmosphere upscale and nice. Jessie, our server, was very friendly and attentive. He even went to the bar next door to get my husband the particular type of NA beer he likes, as the restaurant did not have it. Out of the chardonnay I initially ordered, the sommonlier recommended another bottle in the same price range that was delicous. Although busy, the busboy was on top of things all not long. Food is pricey, but well worth it in our opinion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CA_wanderer60
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Your wonderful review makes us just try all the harder. Thank you for taking the time and we all hope we will see you again soon.
Rio del Mar, California
“3 Course Filet Mignon Special ROCKS!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Sterling's Seafood/Steakhouse
January 16,2013-dinner 5PM, Me & the hubby.

We stayed at the Silver Legacy, saw the early seating ad for a 3 course Filet Mignon Oscar special for $26. Decided to check it out......

The ambiance is fancy, but casual dress is fine, you don't feel intimidated/underdressed when you are greeted or when you are seated. Not a stuffy feel to the restaurant. Romtantic lighting, booths & tables.

SERVICE- is excellent! I grew up working in my parents Italian restaurant. My pet peeve is how attentive the wait staff is about keeping my water glass filled. Wait staff should be aware without hovering or being intrusive. "Drive-by" refilling is how I would describe it-fill 'em & glide away. Each course brought in a timely manner, wait staff very nice.

MEAL-Choice of clam chowder or salad. We both had the salad, mixed baby greens,cranberries/walnuts served in a sweet/savory edible cup, taking the place of croutons. The presentation was a total surprise, it was (almost) too pretty to break up, we had the blue cheese dressing. Just the right consistancy to pour out nicely & not overwhelm the delicate greens.
Filet Mignon Oscar style had a very nice presentation. Filet cooked perfectly (med-rare) on a bed of mashed potatoes, topped with REAL crabmeat, Hollandaise Sauce with 4 asparagus "corraling" the entree. It was a thing of beauty :)
Cheesecake-expecting a sliver of cheesecake. Uh no! It was a slab,probably 5oz slice of wonderfulness. Once again, a lovely presentation and their coffee was excellent.

OVERALL it was one of the best dining experiences we've had in awhile. It exceeded all our expectations in every aspect & especially in value. It rivaled our last trips to Mortons (Las Vegas,NV) & Ruth's Chris (Palm Desert,CA) in food & service, but totally blew them away in value for only $26!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cindi8
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so very much Cindi for your wonderful review and posting it on Open Table as well. It is always nice to receive a compliment but especially so when it comes from someone who has worked in the industry and has special insight. We very much look forward to your return.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“5 star dining and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've eaten here every time I stay in Reno. I love the attention and service from the staff, and its great to walk in in jeans (sorry) and a nice top and enjoy a rich meal and fine wine with my family. Besides outlet shopping and feeding the slot machine this is my only other splurge in Reno.

Visited October 2012
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review and loyal patronage. It is a sincere pleasure to have you dine with us and we very much look forward to your next visit.
Fernley, Nevada
“disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

i have been here 3 times (2 to many), i had a chilen sea bass dish, as soon as it was put in front of me, i could smell amonia ( a smell of bad fish) i told my brother ( who took me to dinner), he called the waiter over and let him know, the waiter took my plate and smelled the fish and said, "Smells fine to me", i insisted i was not going to eat it and take it off the bill....he then took the plate to the Chef and the Chef came out with the same plate and " oh all fish smell's that way, i assure you it was freshly caught fish"..
Ok i don't know where i can catch Chilen Sea Bass in reno nv., but give me a break if i was not going to fall for that explaination.....( we all know its frozen) daaaa.

needless to say i had bread and wine for dinner that night...would not reorder anything...
staff rude, and they feel entiled to a big tip....not....

For steak Ruby River has the best in town...

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nonya5558

Been to Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse? Share your experiences!