“disappointed”

Reserve with OpenTable
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 992 Restaurants in Reno
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Recently voted one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the nation for "Best Service" by OpenTable and a fifteen-time Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Winner, Sterling's is Silver Legacy's ultimate dining experience, featuring steak, veal, poultry and seafood specialties. Open from 5pm nightly, reservations are recommended.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

i have been here 3 times (2 to many), i had a chilen sea bass dish, as soon as it was put in front of me, i could smell amonia ( a smell of bad fish) i told my brother ( who took me to dinner), he called the waiter over and let him know, the waiter took my plate and smelled the fish and said, "Smells fine to me", i insisted i was not going to eat it and take it off the bill....he then took the plate to the Chef and the Chef came out with the same plate and " oh all fish smell's that way, i assure you it was freshly caught fish"..
Ok i don't know where i can catch Chilen Sea Bass in reno nv., but give me a break if i was not going to fall for that explaination.....( we all know its frozen) daaaa.

needless to say i had bread and wine for dinner that night...would not reorder anything...
staff rude, and they feel entiled to a big tip....not....

For steak Ruby River has the best in town...

2  Thank nonya5558

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went here to celebrate a birthday and they decorated our table. Every meal comes with soup and salad. We chose the clam chowder but found it too creamy for our taste. The mushroom appetizer, rack of lamb and the fruit desserts were excellent. The only thing that was just average was the seafood pasta. There was too much cheese that clumped everything together. I was looking forward to the strawberries but were given biscotti cookies instead. The service was excellent. They have conversations with the customers so if you need something right away you might have to wait a couple minutes. When we didn't finish our champagne they let us take it with us. Overall it was very good and would go back for special occasions.

PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We will be going back to strawberries when they are back in season. Right now they are not optimum or are very expensive. As this is something we give away when we present the check we need to be careful of costs. We all look forward to your next visit.
Cheers!
Sterlings Seafood Steakhouse

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Although not as expansive as some of the others in town, it is certainly the most elegant. Priced about the same as the other Sunday buffets. Reservations are encouraged since it is smaller than the rest.

PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch and hope you will visit us again and often with family and friends. Thank you for the great review.
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We were COMPLETELY disappointed!!! We wanted a more elegant steakhouse, and chose Sterling after looking at the website. The restaurant looked OK...so we are there for great steak. Not the case!! The Salad was fine. The steak was tough and completely flavorless, & we had to drown it in steak sauce and pepper to get any flavor. Even the creamed spinach and potatoes were bland and boring.We didn't like the service also,not attentive .
WE WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMEND

1  Thank Ashly S
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I were new to Reno, and on a more limited budget. We went to Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse because of their advertised Special: Sterling's Filet Mignon "Oscar Style," soup or salad, and marble cheesecake dessert - only $25.00/person (it's only available 5:00 PM until 6:00 PM Sunday through Friday). And that is exactly what we both had, and it was perfection! The steaks were cooked exactly as we asked, there was yummy garlic mashed potatoes, the soup was delicious (crab soup... and I don't even usually eat seafood), my husband's salad was presented in this nice edible shell, and the slices of cheesecake were huge, and delicious! I'm a very picky eater, and I still loved it! Everything was presented beautifully, the waiters were attentive (they were dressed very nicely, too), and even the manager came by to make sure we were enjoying our stay. My husband and I dressed up for this dinner, but it wasn't required.

1  Thank MariaEC_RN
PhilipDeManczuk, Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Welcome to Reno and thank you very much for your kind words. We hoped you liked us enough to make us a regular dining choice for you, family and friends.
Happy Holidays!
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse

Been to Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse? Share your experiences!