“Cannot believe this is not ranked higher!!”

Ruby River Steakhouse
Ranked #44 of 992 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I heard about this place from a friend years ago. Finally got a chance to try it last month when in town for a visit. DID NOT DISAPPOINT! EXCELLENT FOOD! Good value! One of THE BEST filets I've ever had, steak soup was the bomb! I wish we had this chain where I live. Place was packed when we arrived on a Tuesday nite, but wait was only 10 minutes. Very pleasant atmosphere. Get out of the casino food & try something very worthwhile here, I can't imagine disappointment.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a chain steakhouse just across the street from the Peppermill in Reno, NV. I had the Bacon wrapped peppered sirloin for $14.99 that came potato and salad, while not the greatest steak I ever had it was not bad for price in town that has little to offer in the way of decent restaurants outside of the hotels. Can be an inexpensive break from the casino scene, but stay away from the Steak Soup it is gravy with vegetables stick with the salad.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We were in Reno for 2 days and ate here one night with our 2 kids.

They had steak and was cooked to perfection. I had the raspberry chicken and was tasty.

It is definitely a country style restaurant and our waiter was super nice.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were in a party of six, and they were very good to accomodate us quickly. A very good menu with a lot of variety. I had the prime rib, that was delicious. The others had salmon, or steak and they all liked there meals.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had checked this place out in Jan 2013, and thought it looked promising. We promised ourselves we would try it next visit so expectations were high. we arrived at 9:15 pm as they close at 9:45. We got a lousy booth for no reason as they were NOT busy. It took 10 minutes for our waiter to greet us. He was much more concerned about socializing than doing his job. He got ALL of the order wrong and laughed about it. He MAY have been drunk. We ordered a glass of wine. The bar tender came over with a bottle. When we told him we ordered a glass, the bartender said he was sorry and would tell the waiter to change the bill. When the meal came the order was wrong. The food was OK, but the service was so bad it wasnt worth it. Then the bill came and we were charged for a bottle of wine. Unless the service improves, DONT GO !

2  Thank jjcpi