“Awesome food, all vegetarian and vegan!!!!!”
Review of Pneumatic Diner - CLOSED

Pneumatic Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Awesome food, all vegetarian and vegan!!!!!

Reviewed October 8, 2008

A friend and I 'dined' there last week. She is a big fan and was really looking forward to sharing this place with me. From where I sat I had a good view of how our food was prepared. We both ordered fresh pasta. The 'chef' took out of the fridge a bowl of cold, cooked pasta. He took a handful of pasta from the bowl and placed it in two other plastic bowls. He put a tablespoon of minced garlic from a jar into each bowl. He then put the two bowls in the microwave to heat up the pasta. It gets worse. My pasta was supposed to be fresh basil, tomato and garlic. He took the warmed pasta from the microwave and put in some chopped tomato. He took the basil from the fridge. It was wrapped in paper towels. When he unfolded the paper towel the basil was pretty dark and wilted. He did pick off the leaves that looked somewhat 'fresh'. He chopped the basil and put it in the pasta bowl. He mixed it up and put it on my plate. It was served with a toasted piece of french bread. The waiter asked if I would like fresh parmasaen cheese, and I said yes. The 'chef' took a jar of Costco cheese out of the fridge and sprinkled it on my pasta. I couldn't believe it.

I have never worked in a restaurant, but I seriously doubt that any good restaurant would serve cold pasta warmed up in a microwave and pass it off as fresh. That jar of minced garlic was probably from some foreign country and who knows where the basil originated from.

It was insulting to be expected to pay for nothing more than left-overs. We paid the bill and left. My friend and I won't ever eat there again.

5  Thank Barnqueen
Reviewed August 11, 2008

This is one of my favs. The food and atmosphere are great. They offer a fairly healthy menu and a great artsy environment.

1  Thank LyricAndrew
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Neat atmosphere. Menu is very strange.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Delicious vegetarian food and cool atmosphere:)