“Thank You, Trip Advisor!”
Review of Bangkok Cuisine

Bangkok Cuisine
Ranked #69 of 996 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a craving for Thai food and Reno was an unknown city so we did what we usually do - consult Trip Advisor. The raters didn't steer us wrong. This is a terrific Thai restaurant and the prices are very reasonable. Everything we had was delicious but the Sizzling Bangkok Platter was our favorite. If we get back to Reno, we know where to go now.

1  Thank Ashford817

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have eaten Thai Cuisine in several U.S. Cities--as well as both Montreal and Vancouver, Canada. It takes an Excellent Chef to balance the harsh spices that are part of the baseline of Thai Cuisine. I am really excited to share with all of you that Bangkok Cuisine has such a Chef and the food reflects it!! Our Party ordered a wide variety. Two of the people at the table were leaning Vegans so they felt most comfortable with the Stir Fry Eggplant--which they said was delicious--spicy without being hot. I had the Chicken Hot Sour Soup as an Appetizer--which was over the top good--both spicy and hot--which it was supposed to be.

I followed that up with their Signature Dish--called the Sizzling Platter. A Key element in the enjoyment of Thai Cuisine--in addition to a Fine Chef balancing the difficult to handle spices, is the use of very fresh Vegetables. The fresh vegetables were used in great abundance in this Dish. This Dish consisted of stir fry Chicken cooked in an excellent, though spicy curry sauce that was mixed with coconut milk. The milk was poured over a combination of fresh spinach with garlic and a combination of fresh cucumbers, carrots, and bell peppers--yellow and red and orange. This was all topped with an excellent Peanut Sauce--that made the Dish excellent because their was no separation between the peanut and the oil base!

The Service was top notch. The Staff was attentive--never pushy. They also offered full explanations for two of our Guests that were new to Thai Cuisine. All were made to feel most welcome. I would recommend this Restaurant to people of all ages.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate here at a friend's recommendation, and we weren't steered wrong! Our waiter steered us to the (non-fish sauce) vegetarian options - the tofu with ginger was outstanding. I'd very happily eat here agin when we're next in Reno.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Try the Thai Coconut Sizzling Platter with Chicken. They also have a Thai Tea that is delicious. Best Thai restaurant I've tried...and I love Thai!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I love this restaurant. First of all, I can order brown rice. Secondly the veggies are fresh, the restaurant clean and the curry dish was superb!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western