“pan roast is great”

Pearl Oyster Bar and Grill
Ranked #91 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed December 5, 2013

If you haven't tried Seafood Pan Roast it's time you did. Lots of seafood in a creamy broth that is a cross between chowder and bisque. Not the greatest ambiance with people walking past, noise of casino, etc.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband goes here every year and raves about the Crab Louie which was beautiful and looked perfect for a Louie. I had Fish and Chips and the Fish was just about as good as you can get. Surprised by how great it was. Chips were ok. Service was top notch. Mango cheesecake not so good. So if you want a great place to sit and watch a slice of humanity with pretty good food it's the place for you. My husband will want to go back. Reno is not for me!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Pearl was just what we needed after a longish travel day. Good oyster & seafood selection, service prompt, and then there is the constant flow passing by that makes for good people watching. Not much smoke smell from the casino just below. Reasonable cocktail prices too. We go to the Silver Legacy yearly for a trade show & will likely eat here again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pearl Oyster Bar and Grill located within Silver Legacy Casino in Reno has a menu that is incredible. First of all, the restaurant has been relocated to another area of the casino, and its new digs are larger and layed out very nicely; wood floors, granite bar, great light. We ate there twice for lunch during our recent stay at the hotel/casino. First lunch was a bowl of clam chowder that was of this world good. At the second lunch I had a giant prawn cocktail, and my husband had the crab cake entrée. The cocktail sauce for the prawns was perfect, with just a hint of a kick to it. I sampled a bit of the husband's crab cakes, and these were delicious; two really large crab cakes served on a bed of yellow rice and a slaw. We sat at the bar the second day we were there, and the people next to us, a group of friends, had fried oysters, oyster shots, fish and chips with a round of Bloody Marys. The menu is extensive with all kinds of seafood. I wish we had stayed more days so that I could go back to try other items on the menu. Do not miss this restaurant if you are in Reno.

1  Thank Angeline M
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This Silver Legacy staple has been moved to a better location with a name change. All the favourites are still there including the pan roasts. (the crab-scallop is still really good) Fresh oysters by the dozen or half dozen are fresh and tasty. It is informal but has good service with reasonable prices for food and wine make it an easy choice for dinner. It faces the casino area now and doesn't have quite as much traffic going by although it can still be busy, good for people watching. Good value and good food.

Been to Pearl Oyster Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!