“Love it!!!”

sparks, nv
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Interesting food and atmosphere, great location and service! A nice change from run-of-the-mill breweries.

Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not For Large Groups”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We went to the Spitfire for the 1st time with a group of friends. I believe it might have been the waitresses first shift as she didn't act very knowledgeable about how to serve a large group. Some of the people didn't even get their food delivered and others received their salad after the main course was served and half eaten. One person ordered the Shepard's Pie and the waitress asked her if she would like a side of mashed potatoes. We asked her why a side of mashed potatoes because Shepard's Pie comes with mashed potatoes on top. She said this is English Shepard's Pie so it is made differently. When the people that ordered the pie received their order (those that did receive their order) it did indeed have mashed potatoes on top. You would think the waitresses would be a bit more knowledgable about what they are serving. The fish and chips were mediocre and not cooked all the way through. One person that had the 1/3 pound hamburger said it was more like a 1/4 pound burger unless they are counting the weight of the bun and condiments. The fun part came when it was time for all of us to get our checks. She had to go back and refigure the checks about 3 or 4 times before she had the bills correct. I received my check and the total was $30.25. I gave the waitress my credit card and when she brought back the receipt to be signed it was now $31.75. I asked why my bill had increased by $1.50 between her taking my card and returning it to me. She didn't know why and I wasn't going to have her take it back a 5th time and wait another 1/2 hour. We will not be returning to this restaurant and would advise anyone that has not tried it yet, save your time and money. Bully's and Dave's BBQ serve better sports bar food and has better service than this place .

• Visited April 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Great place - try it you'll like it.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The atmosphere is rather typical but nice. The food is absolutely fantastic - I've had their burger, bangers and mash, pork belly, English breakfast (outstanding!), seafood pasta and their chips. I rarely go back to place more than once but I have been back four times and I will be back at least four more times. The best pub food in Reno!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CharlieS950
Reno, NV
“Not just bar food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This pub has some very good food with a British slant. I had the Bangers and Mash for 10$ and added a Yorkshire Pudding for just a buck. The Bangers were delicious over Garlic Mashed that had just a hint of roasted garlic. The gravy was excellent with lots of carmelized onions and it was not overly salty and thats the way I like it because you can always add salt. The Yorkshire Pudding was great for sopping up gravy. The atmoshphere was inviting with a nice big bar comfortable chairs and an even bigger dining area with Shuffle Board and pool table. The staff was warm, friendly and efficient. The location is a bit difficult if you are not a local but is worth seeking out near the south side of the airport. I look forward to going back and exploring the menu further.

Visited April 2013
“Great fish & chips”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We've been to Spitfire a couple of times and really enjoyed it. The fish & chips are excellent and being served mushy peas as an accompaniment brought back memories of our trip to England. The shepherd's pie is also delicious and satisfying. It's nice to have some different choices in a pub-style restaurant. And the burgers are terrific!

Visited February 2013