“Great food and decent beer!”

Brasserie Saint James
Ranked #50 of 913 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Brew Pub, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bailey, Colorado
“Great food and decent beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I visited St. James for lunch w/ my
family. We had 6 people (5 adults & 1 child). We chose to sit inside to avoid the heat of the day. The only place they had was in the bar area under the skylight. It was a very bright area to sit. There was a slight issue w/ a couple of flies but otherwise all was fine. It is a very large restaurant. A lot bigger than it looks from the outside.
The menu is large but not too large. They didn't ask us if we needed or provide us w/ a kids menu. I asked for one and our server said there wasn't one. She walked to the kitchen to get a list of kid menu items.
They have a good selection of beers-mostly Belgian style. I ordered a Wit beer and did not like it-it had a very sour taste. I've had Wit beers before and have liked them. I gave this one to my husband and ordered a different one. The second choice was much better. We are microbrew lovers and have had a lot of good ones and a lot of bad ones. Based on my parties experience w/ these beers, the beers here are average-perhaps we're spoiled living in Denver and having lived in Washington & Oregon.
For lunch I ordered the portobello fries and a small salad. My husband ordered the sausage platter. Other orders were a bun less burger, BLT, chicken sandwich and Mac & cheese. All of the food was great and the presentation was nicely done. The Mac & cheese was for my son-it was homemade, none of that Kraft crap.
After hearing the dessert menu we went for it. We ordered the flour less brownie and root beer float. They were delicious. The brownie was large w/ a nice dollop of ice cream and some fresh fruit on top.

1 Thank twimom1

reno nv
“Had a large Family party on the Patio!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Service is grea!!t Food is amazing, The building is interesting! Food is served with style !!The water is very good since it is built over the old water dispensery we all used for years in Reno Everyone in Reno should give it a try!!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank foodieRenoNv
Boca Raton, Florida
“Consistent & Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have found ourselves going back to the Brasserie multiple times. One of the biggest attractions is consistency: we always get a good meal. The atmosphere is upbeat, but sometimes it requires a bit of a wait for a seat. The home-made brews offer a good range from "mild wheat" to "heavy stout". This place has what I'll term a "real chef", with truly tasty food. It is worth sitting outside on the upper deck if you can get that seating.

Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
1,145 restaurant reviews
“Hip area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We did not eat here just stopped for beers. Service was just ok place was packed on one side and empty on the other side. Started with a Moscow mule which was a short pour for $8. Switched to beers their kolsh was good but not crisp enough for the traditional brew. Moved to the saison which was flat and nothing special. Overall place is over priced for in house brewing but can see the appeal for the locals to hangout.

Wiesbaden
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

First of all, this is not French. Food. There was a great selection of beer and we found a few we would come back for. The flight is a great option here. The bar maids are friendly and efficient. Reservation recommended for inside on fri and sat evenings. The food was ok. Fish and chips were greasy. Salmon was a bit dry. Good overall ok. A good place to be for hipster 20-something's. Ok otherwise.

Been to Brasserie Saint James? Share your experiences!