“A real find!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mario's Portofino

Mario's Portofino
Ranked #49 of 905 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Jacksonville
“A real find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We found this place by accident and it was a wonderful experience. Good food, great service and a staff that really made you feel welcome.

Be sure and pay attention when they describe the specials for the evening. We tried two of them and they were very different and very enjoyable.

• Visited October 2012

Reno, Nevada
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I loved the food, a little pricey but worth. We went twice. The garlic bread was delicious. We had a wonderful experience. We loved the atmosphere, very familiar. We will definitely be back!

Sparks, Nevada
“Excellent Service; okay food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I was visiting Reno and my brother mentioned this restaurant. I took him and my sister-in-law out to dinner the following night. The service was excellent, but the food was "run of the mill Italian", I ordered veal, which was very good, but the portiions quite small. There is no salad or soup served with the dinner, just ala carte, which I think should be included based on the price.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reno, Nevada
“Mouth Watering!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

We had a wonderful experience. We loved the atmosphere. I would suggest requesting a booth. I had the calamari and it was wonderful, perfect portions of the steaks and pasta. My husband had the ravioli's and loved them. The garlic bread was delicious. If you go on a weekend night, you might have to wait, it's not a very large restaurant. We will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2011
Lincoln, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Possibly the worst food in Reno”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stopped in for dinner thinking a nice looking restaurant with a pleasant setting should be a decent pick. The soup was cold and tasted like dish water. The pasta tasted like week old canned sauce. We only ate 1/3 of our dinner and had to give up - it was uneatable. On the flip side, service was great and the employees were pleasant.
Better off getting a burrito at 7-11 than eating here.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DennieC

Been to Mario's Portofino? Share your experiences!