“Just Another BBQ Joint”

Cuisines: Barbecue
North Hills
“Just Another BBQ Joint”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I made a quick trip to Reno and stopped at Dickey's. I ordered the sausage with baked beans and coleslaw. The guy behind the service counter seemed to be more involved with the young lady behind the service counter than he was with my lunch. The sausage was not cooked enough, in fact, it was barely beyond warm and it looked like it was "hacked" apart rather than being sliced. The beans, coleslaw and BBQ sauce were ok but I've had better. I will most likely seek my BBQ elsewhere in the future.

• Visited October 2013

Box Elder, South Dakota
“Decent BBQ”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate at the Dickey's on Robb Drive attached to the Raley's strip mall (we have not tried this one on Plumb Lane). This one was clean and the cashier was very friendly. We belong to the Dickey's Club so we got a an email with a 2-1 coupon for a 1 meat meal. We were unable to print the coupon for some reason so we showed the coupon on our phone to the girl and she honored it.
We both got the pork dinner and each meal came with two sides. We picked coleslaw, waffle fries, onion strings and a ceasar salad and all of them were fresh and tasty. The fries and onion strings were not greasy at all. And you get free soft serve ice cream for dessert.
We've eaten at a number of Dickey's in various states and they are a little pricey for what you get but it isn't bad if you have a coupon! I suggest signing up for their on-line club so you can get meal deals.

• Visited October 2013
“Tacos at Dickey's??”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We were met at the counter by a very friendly and smiling face. This is always a good start.

On the food front, we both decided on the tacos. We upgraded to adding cheese and lettuce. The sauce that comes with the tacos could be hot for some people (my wife), but I found it to be medium hot and good. The tacos were good.

We added two sides, the waffle cut fries and hush puppies.

The fries were good and a fair portion. We have learned to ask for the fries extra crispy when we go places. Eat the while they are hot.

As for the hush puppies, they were a little over done and could have been just a tad bigger.

Over all a good experience and we would go back.

• Visited September 2013
baraboo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Pretty good food. Only complaint is the quesadilla came out quite a bit later then the rest of the food. Ice cream cones at the end. I would go back.

• Visited June 2013
Reno, Nevada
“BBQ in a can”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stopped by hoping for some good BBQ as the sign said:
The Brisket had no flavor outside the sauce, do not think they used any rub before putting into an “Auto Shame”. The ribs we ok, but no smoke or rub taste, I can do the same in my oven. This BBQ is done without a smoker, unless you think liquid smoke counts.
Price wise about the same as other BBQ in town but they have smokers to prepare their food

• Visited March 2013

Been to Dickey's Barbecue Pit? Share your experiences!