“Neighborhood Casino With All You Need”
Review of Bonanza Casino

Bonanza Casino
Ranked #40 of 139 things to do in Reno
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Bonanza Casino, a family owned and operated business, first opened its doors in 1973. The casino has two restaurants, the Cactus Creek Southwestern Steakhouse and the Branding Iron Cafe and Buffet, which is open for dining 24/7. With eight table games including Texas Hold 'Em, over 450 of the newest slots, Texas Hold 'Em Bonus Poker, and a Club Cal-Neva sports book, the Bonanza has something to offer every player.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Cafe is especially good. Solid meals and a great daily special. But you will need to come hungry!

1  Thank John L
TahoeGuy, General Manager at Bonanza Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

John L,
Glad to see you were able to enjoy both restaurants while you visited our property. Once again, thank you for the positive reviews of Cactus Creek as well as the Bonanza Casino. After nearly 40 years in business, we pride ourselves on earning the praise and return business from folks like you.

Best,
Ryan Sheltra
Bonanza Casino

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We tried this steak house on our way to a football game not having in mind anywhere else close to the stadium on our way. We looked over the menus and asked to be seated as a walk in. We were promptly seated and orders taken. My husband and I both ordered prime rib with baked potatoes and cream of asparagus soup. We were given a basket of fresh baked bread that went well with the soup. My favorite was I think a lavender bread. Im not sure exactly what it was, but it was good. The prime ribs were easily the best that we had. I ordered the smalest size (10oz) but it almost covered my plate. I tried in vien to finish, but brough home the rest. We were to full for desert but watched as the table next to us ordered bananas foster and it was prepared tableside. We had a wonderful experience. The only thing I didn't like was the terrible amount of smoke in the casino. I understand that is part of the sasino, but a better air system is desperately needed here. The solution to this is to enter the casino on the west side entrance in the last doors. These doors go right to the restaraunts without having to walk through the casino, great option if you are dining with little ones. We will good back many times for this wonderful meal.

1  Thank Laura J
Reviewed October 25, 2012

staff is not all that friendly in there restaurant and the steakhouse had terrible food...complaining did no good

5  Thank Ron T
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you want free drinks serve rapidly, this is NOT your place. If you are looking for terrific deals on food, this is NOT your place. If you want single deck black jack with a couple dealers only or a half a craps game, this is your place. We like going here when we want to be low key and quiet. Employees are ok, but none out going like you would see from Peppermill employees.

1  Thank K K
Reviewed June 21, 2012

If I don't want to hassle with the big crowds, I go to Bonanza just to relax and play. The employees are all very friendly and personable.

Been to Bonanza Casino? Share your experiences!