“Perhaps the Waiters should not drink Alcohol before their shift!!”

Tamarack Junction Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamarack Junction Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 917 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Damonte Ranch
Description: Opened a few weeks ago in Tamarack Junction Casino, Reno
Reno, Nevada
“Perhaps the Waiters should not drink Alcohol before their shift!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We took my husband to the Steakhouse for his birthday which was listed in the notes in the reservation. The bartender is awesome, as always, we had some wine and appetizers in the bar prior to dinner. However, it went downhill from there, now the food at the Steakhouse is exceptional, it was the service in the restaurant that was lacking. The waiter never did bring my husband's sister her drink order and when my mother-in-law's fish came with butter on it, which she had requested no butter, his solution was to just "push" it off the dish!! Never in my life have I seen an error "corrected" in this manner. I finally got up and went to the bar to get my sister-inlaw's drink!! Then we waited over Ten Minutes for someone to return to our table after the meal. I was going to take advantage of my husband escorting his mother to the bathroom to order his favorite drink drink and some desert, since no one had offered anything. However much to my dismay, he and his 90 year old mother were back before anyone came to assist us. Later my sister in law stated she smelled liquor on the waiter's breath. Guess that explains it! But again the food beside the butter issue was amazing. What a shame!!

• Visited June 2014

“Yuck! & over priced!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I hated this steak house with a bloody passion!! The food was so plain jane boring and so incredibly EXPENSIVE!! U don't re comment this place what do ever!! Go to a nicer casino and get a real steak dinner! I'd give zero stars if I could. This place was a joke!

1 Thank MrsRand
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very, very good steak house”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I happened to stumble upon this place and enjoyed it so much that I went back for dinner a couple nights later. The service is above average and the food was quite good. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
“40th Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with our children and grandchildren. The service was fabulous, with our waiter even getting a special menu for the little ones. The wine list is great and reasonably priced. We have food allergies and the waiter was helpful and knowledgeable. Our only small complaint was one over cooked steak, which he offered to return. Not wanting to delay dinner, it was eaten and still enjoyed. We really appreciated the attentiveness of the wait staff, and being family friendly.

• Visited March 2014
Reno, Nevada
“Finally a nice steakhouse in the south park of town.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This restaurant was very good. It's not my favorite in town but it's a nice choice if you live in the south park of town and don't want to drive far. The steaks were good and cooked well. The restaurant is almost out of place in this casino.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Tamarack Junction Steak House? Share your experiences!