“casino”

Club Cal-Neva Casino
Ranked #27 of 139 things to do in Reno
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Casino didn't have many slots last visit about 2 years ago. Enjoyed tour through underground; guide excellent.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We decided to check out the cal-Neva because of the advertised $5.99 prime rib dinner. I found the diner style restaurant absolutely perfect. We love that type of place. We had the prime rib ( some fat, but really, really good) and the French toast plate (breakfast 24 hours, love it!). Great staff, really laid back and friendly. Slots were an ok mix of old and new, didn't win much, but had fun. Great karaoke contest going on, lots of fun. Would definetely eat and play here again.

1  Thank cah3295
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Cal Nev is showing the hard times.. Lot of machines are gone. Less staff.,and not busy Mid week,and still smoky.
We did enjoy a few hours playing the slots, and even got good drink service in certain parts/floors.
We even enjoyed a few meals .they still have some good Specials in the Upper deck.

2  Thank JoLeen2
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I had started to go to Harrah's, but as a single female, didn't feel safe in that parking garage. I drove around the block and pulled into the Cal-Neva garage and felt better. I was able to park close to the elevator and it was well lit. It was dinner time and they had a sign for $5.99 Prime Rib and Fries. I checked out the diner and chose the $9.95 8 oz Prime Rib dinner with baked potato, green beans and a dinner roll. It was very good. The service couldn't have been better, very attentive and friendly. The casino itself was spread out between two buildings with an alleyway between them and 2 floors of gaming options. I found a roulette table in the same building as the parking garage with 25 cent chips / $1 minimums (though it did go up to 50 cents during higher demand times). This was a great find for someone who likes to play but isn't rolling in disposable income. While this place is older and not as busy, it was a nice find.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

It is just worn out. Maybe the food is good but the whole place just looks run down I have heard people say they win there and maybe it is just for gamblers I think it would have to be torn down It just seems dirty

1  Thank foodieRenoNv