“Some very good beer and some really great food”

Silver Peak Grill and Taproom
Ranked #69 of 993 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 3, 2013

On a recent visit to Reno we stumbled across Silver Peak. I tried a couple of their excellent beers while my wife enjoyed some nice red wine. We first noticed the wonderful food smells and eventually decided to have a look at their impressive menu. My wife decided to try the spinach and ricotta ravioli and I had the pizza Margarita. Both meals turned out to be excellent. The ravioli was good to begin with and the tomato-basil sauce transformed the meal from good to great. My pizza crust was made with the brewery grains and was really tasty without being too dense as a lot of whole grain crusts tend to be. The topping reminded me of the pizzas I came to love in Italy. There were a lot of other interesting items on their menu that I expect I will go back and try.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate here twice. I had the hamburger both times (It was THAT good!). The wife had the smothered chicken sandwich (so large she had to cut it in half) the 1st time, and the hamburger the 2nd. On our 2nd dinner, we changed the side dishes from fries to a salad and the corn chowder. Great choices!!! The service was as good as the food so enjoy.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went here on a Saturday night. We had a nice table outside to people watch. The cocktails are delicious and the beer is plentiful. The food was great, I recommend the grilled cheese (this is not your mom's Kraft cheese sandwich) and the shrimp artichoke dip mmmm! The waitress was fast and she was always eager to sugget. This was the first time I actually sat at a table for over 2 hours just enjoying the drinks & atmosphere. I will be back & will recommend to everyone I know!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great beer and food in a well designed space: indoor and outdoor seating, lots of windows with an upscale industrial feel. The ten beer sampler flight was fun to do...excellent craft brews. Our server was very attentive. The barley crusted chicken sandwich didn't disappoint.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

A group of 10 friends and it was all great. Not a single complaint about anything. I had some of the best Nachos ever, sans the Cilantro Cream which doesn't appeal to me. For my dinner I chose the Buffalo Style Wings, $6.95. The portion was generous and delicious. Different levels of hot and I had "hot". For dessert two of us shared the White Chocolate Tira Misu, YUM.