“Animals seem to be sad- too crowded”
Review of Sierra Safari Zoo

Sierra Safari Zoo
Cancun, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Animals seem to be sad- too crowded”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I think if you cant afford to keep them, then, let somoene who can afford them keep them! This Zoo is a great idea- but it is a bit run down.

3 Thank Preshla S

Carson City, Nevada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sad to see animals cooped up in this backyard zoo”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

These poor animals, in their tiny enclosures... it just broke my heart. The "petting zoo" is in the center of this oversized back yard - and consisted of goats and deer who enjoyed eating our clothing. While getting up close and personal with the goats was an interesting experience (although my son was butted in the back by a male goat - an incident which sent him flying across the coarse gravel ground head first) - it left a lot to be desired. I appreciate that the people who opened Sierra Safari Zoo must be passionate about animals but it broke my heart to see these creatures that were created to be in the wild living in enclosures with no room to run (I would guess the wild cat enclosures were no larger than 20x20). We will not be going back to Sierra Safari Zoo.

Visited October 2010
7 Thank CarsonValleyMom
colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Little Zoo!”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

It's been a few years since I visited this tiny zoo, but the memories will stay with me forever! Yup! It's teeny, but the interaction you get with the animals in unbelievable. Years ago, they had a monkey named Scarlett, and since visitors are encouraged to bring veggies for the animals, I did. I had carrots and celery, and a couple of apples. Scarlett sniffed them out, and climbed into my bag for what she wanted. I was also there the year they had a lion cub and a tiger cub, along with a female cougar. We petted the cubs, and I told my husband that I could die happy, now, since I petted a tiger. The female cougar reared up on her back legs and chuffed and vocalized, and it was just amazing to get that close. I live two states away, now, and every time I visit a big zoo, I end up comparing my experience with the one in Reno, and even tho they have few animals, and it's in a very rural setting, I don't think anyone would be truly sorry they went, unless things have changed drastically in the last few years. I wish these folks well!

2 Thank David K

Been to Sierra Safari Zoo? Share your experiences!