“Bed Bugs infestation in multiple rooms..” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Near Reno-Sparks Convention Center

Econo Lodge Near Reno-Sparks Convention Center
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Reno
“Bed Bugs infestation in multiple rooms..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

Around 3/12/10 two friends and i checked into a room everything looked fine but the internet wasn't working ... We were then checked into another room and same thing the internet connection didn't work. Then we where then checked into room 233.I was laying in bed and next thing i know there was bite marks on my cheek, my arm, leg, and foot. I took a shower because I didnt know where the bites came from. I came back and layed in bed and then noticed small orangish/reddish bugs crawling out of the pillow, I jumped up and when we pulled blankets back we saw more of them. We complained and were given another room and was told that they where from outside and the change of season is the cause. We checked into a 532,the clerk said we should be fine since we would be in building thats separate from rest, the next morning, my friend woke up took shower came back to bed and saw large bug ,he put in cup called front desk,room service came took it and the lady was freakin out too because it was huge, the front desk said they will give us no more rooms and told us that we probably brought them and can't be given any more rooms even though we did'nt have any problems in first 2 rooms other than than not having internet.We told manager what happen ,he called someone in to bully us ,then gave me his card then told us to go do whatever and that nothing can be done about it. Thing is I took pictures of the bug and had to go to the doctor because the bite on my foot became very large, I couldn't walk and they told me it was a bed bug bite. I have pictures of my bites, doctor record, I had to take medicine that messed me up physically and I'm emotionaly scared because I can't trust another hotel. Till this day the hotel will not accept responsibility and there not doing anything about the bed bugs. Did anyone have bites from the following rooms also?

5 Thank sarahlishous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

The Quality Inn line has been fairly consistent for me, traveling with my dog(s.) The biggest variable is then the customer service. From the moment we checked in we were pleased with the outstanding customer service and consideration at the front desk. Our room was on the first floor, as we requested. The room was spacious, clean and without odor or stains. The water pressure was fantastic! Unlike other pet friendly hotels, the walls and doors were sufficient and not paper thin like other places. It was an added bonus to have the patio doors into a courtyard.

The restaurant on the grounds is very "classic" diner in style/ flavor. We didn't try breakfast, but were please with lunch. This one is absolutely going on our "approved" list of hotels.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank willtravelwithdogs
Newcastle,Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

This place is the worst Quality inn I have ever seen. There were beer bottles on my patio table and partial bottles of juice and half eaten pastries in the refrigerator.The area is full of very suspicious looking people walking around wearing baggy clothes and hooded shirts. Here is a quote from the guest directory at this location:
"Do not draw attention to yourself, especially with expensive clothes or jewelry.Always be attentive, observant, and alert to potentially dangerous or threatening situations. Be particularly careful at night and in the parking lot. If you see anything suspicious, report your suspicions immediately to the front desk. If you are traveling with your family,please watch out for your children's saftey at all times."
There are other saftey and security tips in this hotel's directory but the above quotes are especially alarming. It seems they know this is a bad area and I have to give them credit for warning the guests. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank wyorancher_9

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

The staff were friendly and very helpful. There was no luggage cart so the clerk helped us carry the multiple bags to the room. There was a patio for the dog. The room was larger than most. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very good. He made his own hash brown potatoes. The only thing we didn't care for was the coffee. We were pleased that this hotel accepted our cat and dog- there was a charge for each.

Stayed October 2009
1 Thank IdaOregon
Bernalillo, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

Our room on the inside, adjacent to the pool area, was as quiet as could be. We enjoyed the little patio. The beds are very comfortable, and the service terrific. We would stay here again. Nice fast wifi! We stayed on a rewards night, so not sure of the price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Lake Country, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

We stayed here while passing through Reno with our dog. We tried several other hotels first, but as they were near the highway we found them all too noisy (or nasty) - so after viewing a room we decided to stay here. The AAA rate was reasonable at $59. The have dedicated pet rooms, the one we were in desperately needed the carpets cleaned, I didn't even want to take off my shoes - so we laid the towels down where we wanted to walk. The room itself was OK, somewhat dated and dark but acceptable for a short stay. Surprisingly the bed was a serta and was quite comfortable, the bedding was also clean and comfortable. The heating system was archaic and complicated but when we did get it working it worked fine besides the dust smell. The property is dated and shows wear but the rooms are quiet. Would recommend for a one night pass through only, if staying any longer I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Great location. Close to the convention center, down town, malls... but separate and private. Also, no gaming in the hotel. A nice grocery store and several nice restaurants all within easy walking distance. Bangkok Thai, 2 blocks away, was wonderful!
If you enjoy a walk or run, there is a lake and nice neighborhoods. These areas felt very safe.
Our room had a patio that faced a court yard which was very pleasant in the late afternoon for a little happy hour. Most of the other guests had the same idea. The hotel seemed to attract quite a friendly cliental. It is also a pet friendly establishment - everyone was very well behaved.
Our room had a microwave, fridge, iron & ironing board, hairdryer, free internet (wireless & ethernet), cable tv, free parking and all for well under $70 per night. Worked for us!
If I were to lodge complaints it would be that the bed was a little hard for me, the temperature was hard to control, not enough hangers and smokers using the grounds for an ashtray. The hotel is definitely on the older side, but it was clean and comfortable and away from the "wanderers" that we have seen in Reno.
I would absolutely stay there again and recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business