“Good Quality for the Price”

Econo Lodge Near Reno-Sparks Convention Center
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice large rooms with balcony. Hotel was away from the strip but was nice and quite. Had a small problem with the shower curtain but staff was right on it. Very friendly front desk staff. Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Once the Continental Lodge, one of the best places to stay in Reno, now a dump. Without going into details this place is dirty, run down, and poorly maintained inside and out (AC did not work nor did the bathroom ex fan) . The free breakfast of sausage, eggs and hash browns was so disgusting we dumped it and went to McDs. We stayed in a Hilton the previous weekend for only a few bucks more. Don't consider staying here unless its the last room in Reno and its free.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

hello I am staying here at the Quality inn here in Reno Nv. we checked in the Hotel the Front desk clerk was great. BUT!!!!! we got to the room, we found trash still on the floor by the back patio door, we just figured that the Maid service could not have seen this so we didn't say anything about it. then this morning we found the towels hanging on the shower from the previous tenants, and one dirty towel hanging on the towels.
the property needs some serious improvements. we complained to the from desk who told me that she was off at 6 am and no one showed as of 8 am, she would tell the new person when they came in. food was terrible for free.
This place needs some serious upgrades.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I made reservations for this three night stay during Reno's city-wide biggest annual event, "Hot August Nights" back in January. When making road trips, pricing is a major concern for me, as I'm only sleeping and showering in the motel. So I must research cost and quality vs. other motels in the area. When I've flown, I've stayed in Hotels. The room, the maid service, the sleep quality, etc. was all pretty much great compared to the cost of sleeping in a Casino-Hotel in central Reno. I like the breakfast quality and selection each morning and the time served is really flexable, 6 to 9 AM. Unfortunately my visit to Reno was kinda ruined, my camera was stolen from right in front of the motel at 10 pm Saturday night, it's the hundreds of photos that are valuable to me of the events and trip, not the real cost of the camera, but it was all my fault, setting it down, taking my eye off it. However I would consider staying there again if visiting Reno.

Room Tip: Always weigh in security and safety when choosing a place to stay. This motel did have regular Reno...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This Quality Inn meets the needs of having a clean and quiet place to spend a night in Reno at a reasonable price. We were just passing through, so we had no need or desire to be in the downtown casino area. The staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good, but the WiFi was a liitle weak in our area of the motel. There's a nice IHOP across the street in the shopping center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is an older property, but we found the room to be spacious and very clean. Our room appeared to have been painted in the not too distant past. The breakfast buffet was quite good. I can't do caffeine, so I was pleased they even had decaf. For a place to sleep and get back on the road this fits the bill. Be aware that the nozzle on the shower has extremely high pressure. For the price we would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was an interesting experience on our odyssey around north west America. The idea of staying in Sin City was unappealing from the outset - but Reno was on our route from better places north and west. So what the heck? We're glad that we didn't have to suffer the worst excesses of Reno and were stuck out the southern suburbs which suited us fine as we were there for only one night. The front desk was staffed by a Californian hippie who told us (unasked) how much he hated the USA and wanted to relocate in New Zealand - of all places! We smiled as one does to a child. Our room was surprisingly OK. It had a balcony overlooking a desert-style courtyard, although we just ended up eye-balling a fellow guest on the opposite block. So that was the end of our sitting-out sojourn. It was only when we were in the public area in front of reception (I was utilizing the hotel computer) that I became aware that everywhere was absolutely filthy - covered in dust which must have taken years to accumulate. It was on the on the computer keyboard, door sills, window sills, desk tops etc etc.I'm not a fussy guy but I heaved. The hippie on the front desk told us there were no deposit boxes for our valuables - or indeed a hotel safe - so we had to tote around our passports, drivers' licenses, return air tickets, US and UK currency, credit cards and keys for our car parked at London Heathrow, when we went out for dinner. Unwise. We took a gamble in staying in this hotel in this gambling- crazy Mecca - and lost. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple