“nice place to stay”

Ranked #45 of 64 Hotels in Reno
RIO RANCHO
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

very helpful, all went well. When I needed a ride to the store they were there to take me within a few minutes. very nice and didn;t make me feel like I was a bother.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
RED OAK
Reviewed September 10, 2012

my stay was very comfortable. the staff was very helpful and kind to me. I was there to be with my son who was at the Renown Medical. Hw has frontotemporal dementia, he is only 43 so the visit was heartbreaking and very stressful. The staff was helpful getting me to the hospital and offered a diccount, which was much needed and apprecitated. The breakfast was served hot and very good. when I come back to visit my son I will be staying with you again. Fresh towels everyday and room was cleaned dailey. Rate you as excellant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Stockton
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and hot. Ham, eggs, waffles, cereal, fresh fruits, bagels with cream cheese, muffins, juices and coffee. Nice contemporary style for decor in room. Bed comfortable. Room included a microwave, fridge with freezer, coffee maker, two burner stove. A few things that need to be addressed are that they definitely need to clean up the elevator area and down the halls. Bathroom tile and around the tub need to be sprayed with X-14 or something like it to elimiate the black mold. Shower head was usable, but had to put it back together when you tried to change the dial. It took forever to stop the dripping. Didn't have the time to report it. Shouldn't have to worry about having fix-it person in room. Had to park on street when came back late. Parking spots are very, very narrow if you happen to get a spot. Don't sit by the window when you eat or at least don't look outside because that is where the pets are allowed to do their "business". Kind of disgusting. It is a pet friendly property. I am a pet owner, but that is tacky. Probably would stay there again in a pinch because price is good, but would like it to be a bit more kept up.

Room Tip: Even numbered room on the second floor. Faced the car dealership. Quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nevada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

For the price it is a good place to be in Reno. Good location if you don't want to be right downtown. Rooms were good-not great, but clean. Our airconditioner smelled musty. I reported it to the front desk and it was fixed immediately. Pool was clean, but the water unheated. Breakfast was adequate, but they didn't replenish items if they ran out. The freezer in the refrigerator would not freeze, but not a big deal for us. Shuttle driver was very personable. Despite a few negatives, would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at this clean inexpensive hotel on both ends of a trip to the Sierras in CA, with planes arriving late and leaving early. Our plan worked very well--the airport shuttles came quickly and got us back and forth very well. Rooms were comfortable, free breakfast unusually good, with healthy choices available, and in-room frig and microwave. Dinner the night before we left was hard, since we'd turned in the rental car; few restaurants open within walking distance on a Sunday evening. Advise asking for the shuttle to take you downtown or to one of the casino hotels. Still, I will return here the next time I go to this area.

Room Tip: If you arrive late and leave early, the Baymont office is closed, but you can check in and out at th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
c
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family used the Baymont Inn for a home base for 6 days and 5 nights. Saved us $$$. Food can be inexpensive in Reno, but 3 meals per day for more than 5 days can add up. The Baymont provided us with a free breakfast (waffles, sausage & eggs, cereal, muffins, juice, etc). And, we had a refrigerator and microwave in our room, which we used for lunches and desserts. We used their barbeque for hamburgers (brought our own briquets). We played in their pool and jacuzzi during breaks in our hiking schedule. With the money we saved on breakfast, lunch and lodging, we were able to take our two daughters (ages 8 and 11) to the Wild Island water park, Virginia City (including a train ride and a mine tour), miniature golf, and a movie. We could spend more for dinners and we never felt like we were taxing our budget.

So, what about the facilities? Old but clean. Definitely a notch or two above Motel 6. (I hate to say Motel 6 in the same breath, except as a comparison.) Actually, I believe that our room was larger than the casino rooms that we used to use. The staff was friendly and personable. Did I say quiet? Even my 11 year old commented about how much she appreciated the quiet and non-busy atmosphere.

We'll definitely use the Baymont Inn & Suites on family outings to Reno.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank m l
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This motel has some age on it and it shows. The public areas are very tired looking and shopworn. The room (234) was large and had a kitchen area which included a stove. The king bed was comfortable and the A/C worked efficiently.
Here's my beef...
Starting at noon on the day of our reservation, we realizied that we would be in Reno much earlier than we had expected. We called the inn to cancel and were informed that their "no hassel" cancellation policy required 24 hour notice. We called the national Customer Care number to see if they could help us out. NO they could not interfere in the policy of the individual inn. Called the inn again (twice) to try to work out an arrangement. We were asked to hold for a moment each time and each time we gave up holding after 10 minutes. Finally talked to a desk clerk. Not authorized to make deals. Arrived at the hotel at 2:00 pm and asked for the manager. We had made the reservation weeks earlier online for $50. The inn was already 95% booked and the room we had booked would now rent for $90. [Friday night in Reno - think any gamblers are on their way here?] The manager said he could not help us out - you know that 24 hour clause.
We checked in, took showers, and took a nap for a couple of hours and then left for our next destination greatly refreshed but confused about the nature of hotel economics.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple