“knitting factory-worst venue ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Knitting Factory
Ranked #60 of 124 things to do in Reno
Fallon, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“knitting factory-worst venue ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We went to see Craig Morgan 4/5/14 & we were terribly disappointed. They cram you in there like sardines & had to wait at least 30 minutes to get a beer, which for a Coors light draft was $6! Standing room only & after 2 hours of being pushed around we left, didn't even get to see Craig Morgan. Will NEVER go back there.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Sally K

Reno, Nevada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Ugh. I'll never go back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have said aloud that I will never go back there, even if the Beatles got back together or somehow Michael Jackson came back to life. Went to see a very popular band - too popular for the size of this venue, and I'm not old yet, but apparently am too old to be crawled all over and pawed all over by 15 year olds. The venue is gross, smoky, black and sticky, the clientele is seedy and teenaged, the beer is bad (selection and warm), and worst of all, the sound system sucked! Worst music experience I've had ever, seeing live music. My normally very mellow husband nearly got into a fight with the punk kids pushing and generally being obnoxious. Will never step foot in the knitting factory again!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Sharon W
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This place is the worst!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been to several concerts and added another to the list when I purchased Awolnation tickets. He was performing in Reno on 04-18-2013. I have never been to the Knitting Factory before and below is a brief summery of what I encountered on the worst night of my life.

I arrived way before the event started and was in the front. About an hour into the show people were coming in massive numbers and it was very crowded. The security were bringing large groups of people and placed them in front of me. I could not see a thing because I had been pushed behind a large speaker. The security guy told me to move back and I asked him where would you like me to go? He replied “move back or else”. I stood there like a deer caught in the headlights and he just eyeballed me for about 5 minutes. People on the upstairs balcony threw water or beer on the people below. One couple was having sex. A woman was puking right next to me. Small fights were breaking out and there was enough pot smoking to get anyone higher then a kite. The only thing that security does is help people get down from the crowd surfing.

So if you want a place where you can smoke pot, have sex, throw water on people, disrespect people, start fights and do whatever you want the Knitting Factory in Reno is the place to be. I promise you that security will do nothing to you.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Heather J
Sparks, Nevada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“don't like it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

don't like standing for a concert all night on cement. more sitting would nice. don't like walking thru cigarrte smoke to get inside.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank hairbiz4
Reno, Nevada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“too crowded for the mature set”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Those of us reaching a certain age, really like some of the performers who appear at the Knitting Factory, but standing room only created a negative desire to return. Can appreciate the younger crowed loving it.

2 Thank Tann T