“Beautiful campus!” 5 of 5 bubbles

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Beautiful campus!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I visited the campus as my great-nephew will be attending it the fall. I was pleasantly surprised with the beauty, landscaping, and architecture of the campus. It had more of an Ivy League feel. Well done blending the new buildings with the old. Student staff were friendly and helpful. I love visiting college campuses, especially they they have a Kappa Alpha Theta house. UNR is beautiful!

Reno, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good school but tech to be desired”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am signed up for fall semester but no thanks to the wacky tech of their website absolutely useless to sign up returning students..fix it..renoruona

Lafayette, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Defies The "Reno Stereotype."”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I'm a "bad photographer" with an "ancient, cheap camera," but I'm addicting to doing photo-essays everywhere I go. Some folks teased me before I went and implied there'd be little to take pictures of that wasn't "tacky." well, the university is quite large and built with style and class and impressive size. It's one of many things around downtown that show that Reno keeps working the best it can to improve itself. Having seen this beautiful campus, I've come to "believe in" Reno more than before.

Reno, Nevada
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“University of Nevada Reno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The University of Nevada Reno has a beautiful campus, wonderful planetarium, outstanding library (the Knowledge Center), and excellent services. The campus is an architectural mixture of original and modern buildings, 21st century technology, and historical sites. Those who work at the university enjoy their work and love working with students. Each program has experts in their field who are extraordinary instructors. The overall atmosphere of the college is positive, intellectual and fun. It is a great place to get an education and meet international students. Parking can be challenging, so make sure you either take the local bus (free from downtown) or plan to walk a bit.

Visited March 2014
Louisville
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Nice Planetarium”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We hoofed it up to the planetarium from the Silver Legacy and perused the free exhibits. They had some videos that sounded interesting (for a fee) but none of them fit into our schedules. The free exhibits didn't take long to take a look at, but they were still interesting. Lots of models and quite a few meteorite chunks - including one on a chain that you can *try* picking up.

While walking around we got to see a little corner of the pretty UNR campus. It was getting pretty hot, so on the way back we took the Sierra Spirit bus that only cost us a quarter each. If we knew about it, we would have done it the other way around and took the bus uphill and walked back!

Visited April 2014