WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Birthday Month” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gold Dust West Casino and Inn

Gold Dust West Casino and Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reno
Gold Dust West Casino and Inn
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Sparks NV.
“Birthday Month”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well I had to miss the b-day party this year do to a family operation at renown medical heart surgery for my daughter, huge success, wouldnt trade that feeling for nothing. But as far as the generosities went this year they were first class, would have liked to have joined them but i missed the Dinner and the drawings this year for the big 50 so ill catch them next year. excellent staff and nice locals hangout. Did pretty well there a few months ago im sure i will again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dale G G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pinole, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

It's not even really a hotel in that sense, but more of a casino with guest rooms. There are only few rooms available, but extremely well priced. Rooms are very spacious, cleanliness was fair enough even though we had a not so superclean sheet that we pulled out, a couple of non-hotel towels left in the bathroom, and vacuuming could have been way better. I also had forgotten my laptop bag in the parking lot next to my car, only to realize the next morning, and was beside myself. But it had been found by one of their guards and waited for me at the security desk!! Huge Kudos for Security. Parking lot is monitored 24/7 we found out, and it made me feel great. The area is decent, not the best, but also not the worst. Their 24/7 restaurant The Grille serves regular, satisfying American diner fare, with very friendly service. Cannot say anything about the casino as I don't gamble, but it was pretty crowded and seemed popular.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Drezdany
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was running out of options on a recent Saturday night in Reno. All my old stand-bys were full or only had smoking rooms left. On a whim, I dropped in to the Gold Dust West on my way out of town. To my surprise, they had a single non-smoking room for only $59! It was clean, quiet, safe, and very close to my car. I couldn't ask for more. Very comfortable bed and bedding too. Rooms are arranged in a courtyard similar to a small apartment complex that helps give it a non-casino feel.

If you're staying on the west side of town, or want to be away from the downtown craziness, but not too far away, check out the Gold Dust West.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so choose a 1st floor room if you have problems with stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank curtismapman
Sparks, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Decent place, but for the smoke. Golly wish they would open the air exchangers and replace the air filters. Then I could stand to stay and gamble. While the cafe is OK, it isn't good enough to overcome the horrible smoke in the casino. Smokey environment is worse than the Western Village!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Willits, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here last week for 4 days while we were transitioning my mother in law from her home in Nevada to our home in California. We love staying at the Gold Dust because when we take our family they have bowling, a swimming pool and a casino for the adults. The hotel staff are wonderful and very helpful.

Also they have two restaurants on site, though I would not recommend Ole, but do recommend the cafe. The staff at the cafe are wonderful and attentive and at Ole they are not attentive and do not have very good attitudes and the food is not very good for the prices they charge.

The room accommodations are spacious and comfortable.whether you book a double queen standard room or the suite. We have booked both types. This trip we booked 2 standard double queen rooms side by side as there were 7 of us total.

I highly recommend this hotel for the price and the accommodations.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CynthiaKB
modesto ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

Is a very economical and clean we really enjoy our staying everyone very nice they treat you like a million dollar, we're looking forward to stay again @ the Gold Dust West Casino and Inn Reno.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family