Club Cal Neva Hotel Casino
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport(Reno)(Great Value!)
$100
$107
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$88
$79
  • Pool
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$59
$49
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
$57
$50
$67
BestWestern.com
$65
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$70
$65
Official Site
  • Pool
$60
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$60
All reviewstop deckprime ribsteak and eggscasino farekeno loungeback in the daytwo blocksdowntown renovirginia streettruckee riversports bookslot machinesgreat casinosilver legacygamblingfunplayers
Reviewed January 24, 2013

while i was dining at cal neva i enjoyed a wonderful breakfast.The waitress and all the staff were awesome. they were kind,friendly and conciderate.I really enjoyed my time there and look forward to returing soon.

Room Tip: make sure you come looking for a really great time!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daneil P
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had a non smoking room but our room and the whole hotel smells of smoke. There are 2 VERY slow elevators for 17 floors, not allowed to use stairs except for emergency. Room was old but clean, except for gum stuck on carpet. Sheets looked new but blanket was old and had a few small holes. The cold water pressure is great, Water never got hot, when showering the dial had to be turned all the way towards hot for a warm shower and the pressure was horrible, needs new shower head. Front desk was very friendly, we requested 2 extra towels and they said they would have them sent up. They knocked about 15 minutes later and just shoved them to my husband when he answered the door like we burdened him, didn't even say you're welcome when he thanked him. We ate at CalNevas Topdeck for Breakfast, the food was good, friendly service and great price. Parking for hotel is across the street, through 1 alley and 2 CalNevas casinos (they do have valet parking but we didnt use it). It is the last Hotel on the strip. Pictures I have seen online are of the casinos not the hotel. We were on the 10th floor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fromCali95388
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My Family and I were visiting Reno on our end of 2012 Family Vacation. My husband and I and our three kids did not even stay at the Club Cal Neva Hotel, but day after day we seemed to find our way to Club Cal Neva. When we were looking to spend almost a $100.00 a day to eat at the buffet in other Casinos and Restaurants, on our first hungry night of our vacation we ended up at the Club Cal Neva restaurant and paid drastically less while getting a wonderful meal for our entire family. We ended up spending every meal at the Cal Neva.
Another wonderful thing was we did not have to be club members to get great prices, they were given automatically to anyone. So you don't need a coupon or a members club card to get a discount.
I found the Casino to be clean and maintained wonderfully, though I was unable to get to maneuver through out the whole casino due to my young children, and we did not stay at the Hotel when we visited, we all had a wonderful time checking out the history of the the Casino with it being one of the oldest and original Casinos in the Reno area. The Casino has a floor overlooking the casino where my children got to play arcade games and pinball while my husband and I were able to sneak off to the casino and play a few games of our own. My husband and I when we visit again, with or without the kids, we actually plan on staying in the hotel at the Club Cal Neva and doing a bit more game play and will write another review based our experience. In the meantime the Club Cal Neva has our votes of 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Without question, the Club Cal Neva Hotel and Casino in downtown Reno is the last bastion of the old Reno charm that you will want to experience! With the closing of many nearby hotels and casinos, the Cal Neva is still there to give you that real Reno flavor. The property has 2 casino rooms connected on the top floor with 2 free parking garages and the hotel facility is located in the "Nevadan" on the other side of Virginia Street. In the Cal Neva you can still enjoy $3 blackjack games and a $3 crap table along with a large assortment of slot machines, and of course, a keno lounge. And, beer pong contests on Friday and Saturday nights!

There are multiple eating establishments in the casino including a short order grill, a hotdog bar next to the sports book, and the Top Deck Restaurant which has a $5.99 beef stroganoff special along with a full menu and the round the clock $4.99 steak and eggs or steak and prime rib special. But it is the Steak and Pasta House Restaurant on the Mezzanine level that I want to call your attention to. It is open Thursday - Saturday starting at 5 PM and has an excellent menu of pasta and steaks including a 3 Steak Sampler for two for $29.95! The nightly specials are what I have experienced including a terrific Steak Diane for $8.95. The staff is always courteous and attentive starting with Carolina at the front desk, to the waiting staff, all the way back to chef Dale Smith who may come out to see how you enjoyed your meal! Last night I had the Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken Marsala (Marsala wine with mushroom cream sauce) and it was fantastic for just $7.75. And, Teresa, my waitress, was kind enough to accommodate my tastes by substituting a salad for the standard vegetable dish. Last night I went back to the kitchen to tell the chef how good my meal was! So, I think you will be pleasantly pleased with your dining experience at the Steak and Pasta House. And, don't forget to visit the gaming museum located right next door and open until 9 PM.

There are many people who help to make the Club Cal Neva an enjoyable experience. Everyone I have met has been extremely personable and helpful, without question. Personally, I have been treated very well by Marites at the hotel and by Tommy, Laurie, and my "Hostess with the Mostest", Irene Johnson, at the Player's Club counter. You will recognize Irene by the flower in her hair and the smile on her face! Everyone is working hard to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and will answer any questions that you may have.

If you stay in the hotel across the street, you will find the rooms to be a little older but commensurate with the price. If I were only rating the rooms, I would give a rating of good to very good, but because of the excellent staff and effort of everyone associated, I will stick to excellent. The Club Cal Neva really is "Reno's Best Bet"!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Dr_Richard01
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Excellent customer service in Cal-Nevas restaurants. Could not be any better. Fast and friendly service. Employee's were extremely friendly making sure I had everything I needed before, during and after my lunch. Tables and bar area's were very clean and neat including kitchen serving area's. I would definitely eat here again, and I live here in Reno too. Thanks again Cal-Neva

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo