“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My sister took me there.The pizza was the best. Great service! Loved it!!!! Can't wait to go back. Staff very friendly n helpful.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Pizza in Reno”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've been trying to find a decent pizza place in Reno. Stumbled upon Bronx Pizzeria online and decided to give it a try on Memorial Day.

The place was empty when we walked in- and the staff was super friendly and attentive. They even switched the channel to put on the NBA playoffs.

Ordered the Bronx Zoo pizza ($30 for an 18 inch pie- comes with pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and black olives). Generous toppings. I can't eat cheese so we always order 1/2 the pizza without cheese and I think that the measure of good pizza is that even without the cheese the pizza still has lots of flavor and is tasty. This pizza didn't let me down. The perfect amount of sauce, great crust, and the toppings were fresh. The half of pizza that came with cheese wasn't swimming in cheese or grease, really a nice balance.

We both agreed that this was some of the best pizza we had eaten recently.

They seem to do a pretty big take-out and delivery business and it sounds like they have a pretty wide range for delivery.

We definitely will be back again for more pizza and beer.

They also have a pool table and darts, looks like a good place to hang out with some friends and enjoy good food and drink.

• Visited May 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Not my taste, but good honest pizza at a good value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Rating a pizza restaurant is always problematic. There are many "styles" of pizza and then multiple iterations of those "styles" with different nuances. It becomes so much a matter of personal preference for a particular "style"; and I find that the preference revolves around texture and mouth-feel more than anything else.

I lived in Chicago for a year and during that time I ate at about half-a-dozen "deep-dish" pizza restaurants attempting to understand the local adoration. I never could get it -- the pizza seemed soupy with too much tomato, gummy with too much cheese, and just plain over-indulgent with ingredients. This casserole-like pizza was such an ordeal to eat with a fork (wish I had a spoon!) and heart-burn inevitably seemed to follow.

I also lived in NYC for over a year, prior to my stint in Chicago. There, pizza slices were my lunch of choice as I worked for the Department of Consumer Affairs for a pittance of a salary. I came to love the wedges you could fold and shove into your maw as you hustled to appointments. There were many variations within NYC, of course, but I favored the dryer varieties with just a touch of tomato sauce, sufficient cheese and perhaps some pepperoni or sausage when I felt extravagant. This experience at a young age defined pizza for me.

That preliminary screed informs you of my personal bias when it comes to Bronx Pizzeria in Reno. It serves a good pizza, at a very good price. But is rather wet with tomato sauce and the crust is soggy with the juices. I prefer the mouth feel of a resilient and yet somewhat crisp crust as the vehicle to deliver my cheese and spices. The pizza served at Bronx is not my style at all. I ate mondo quantities of pizza in Manhattan and Brooklyn but never in the Bronx. Perhaps they like it that way in the Bronx, I don't know.

Don't get me wrong -- this is a good pizza if you like the style. The ingredients are fresh, flavorful and plentiful. The service was excellent and caring. The value is right-on. It is just that this is not my recollection of the pizza I like best - New York style. "New Yalk" pizza comes as close as I can find in Reno for that.

Bronx Pizzeria is certainly better than the national chain pizzerias and you won't go wrong taking the family there. My guess is that the kids will love it.

• Visited April 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Great Food, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the first time with my book/acitivity club. The food was delicious, the staff and owners very friendly and very accommodating. As we were with a group, they offered (without us asking) to write separate checks. I had the chicken piccatta and it was absolutely wonderful! The salads were very fresh and I tasted several other dishes my friends were having and all were good. The staff came by frequently to make sure we didn't need anything. Defintely going back and tasting the pizza next time (they even deliver too).

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've have eaten at the Bronz Pizzeria several times. My husband and I have bougth guest. Never once was I disappointed. Dave and Lisa the owners go out of their way to make sure everything is good. Dave will disappear every now and then and we all know he is the the kitchen making sure everything comes out perfect and it does.People have recomended many of Resturants in town but if you want a real fresh Italian Dinner go see Dave. You don;t regret it. I give him 5 stars, and wish he would follow my husband and I to Austin, Tx. Good Friends and Good Food

• Visited January 2013