“Excellent food, service, etc.”
Review of Wet Hen Cafe

Wet Hen Cafe
Ranked #4 of 1,093 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Locally owned and operated cafe serving freshly prepared comfort food for breakfast and lunch. Enjoy a warm and cozy environment to plant yourself. Curb your appetite or warm your heart while plugging into our free Wi-Fi!
Reviewed August 14, 2019

Was so pleased when we found this cafe!! The atmosphere was very country cozy The staff was friendly & not rushing around (even though they were quite busy!) They have nice outdoor or indoor seating & all was clean & ready! The food was AMAZING & BEST QUICHE I have ever had Great vegan choices;fresh juices & menu choices! Wish we had this cafe in our area!! Thank you Wet Hen Cafe for a wonderful Sunday brunch to start our travel back home's #1 & 5 stars

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (600)

Reviewed August 7, 2019

Stopped in for a quick breakfast last Thursday, August 1st. for the first time. One of my friends chose The Wet Hen Cafe as his family lives near by and has breakfast here frequently. The service was excellent and the staff was super friendly! Four of us met and ordered different items from the menu and everyone agreed that all of the meals were really good. I had the Biscuits and Gravy with sausage patties...Delicious! I will definitely be back! The outdoor seating area looks like a nice spot and will try that on my next visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

We live this place. The staff is always so friendly and nice. The service is quick and the food is always so fresh.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

all was great.We ate there on our way to the airport in Reno.I highly recommend.You pay at the counter and they give you a number to put at your table.Probably not necessary most times since there are not many tables.Food came fairly quick and it was great.I had a breakfast sandwich and my wife and sister had soup/salads.I would recommend this place Very pleasant.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 2, 2019

I did a little research on TripAdvisor & saw that The Wet Hen Cafe was rated #1 in Reno on TA, so I thought I should check it out. Really glad I did. The Wet Hen is an informal, cozy little space that reminded me of part diner/part lunch counter. You have to order at the front counter & then an employee brings your food to your table.

The service was great - people are friendly & thoughtful & FUN... & also, they don't hover, which is always nice in a food establishment. I ordered the ham & cheese omelette - it was decent, a little over cheesy (I should have asked for light cheese; it seems I got a pound on the omelette.)

The space is cozy/small - might be better to do a take-out/to-go for my next trip to the Wet Hen. ALSO there is an outdoor space/pergola that might be nice - esp. since they were just installing sunshades to encircle the pergola/outdoor tables.

I'll definitely be back, & will try a lunch item next time.

Date of visit: July 2019

Been to Wet Hen Cafe? Share your experiences!