“Great breakfast!”

Wet Hen Cafe
Ranked #4 of 1,093 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Locally owned and operated cafe serving freshly prepared comfort food for breakfast and lunch. Enjoy a warm and cozy environment to plant yourself. Curb your appetite or warm your heart while plugging into our free Wi-Fi!
Reviewed July 28, 2019

We went here based on reviews on Trip Advisor. It is a good thing we had a GPS, as this was not easy to find. It was worth it to get here. You order at the counter and they bring the food to the table. Everything is freshly made and baked at the restaurant. Services was friendly and efficient. The restaurant and bathrooms were clean. Our food was very tasty.
My only comment would be the same comment I make of all restaurants that serve breakfast: like to brag about their fresh baking etc. because they don't use additives such as High Fructose Corn Syrup. However, then they serve toast and the only jam is Smuckers where the second ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup or pancake syrup with HFCS.
We would highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (598)

Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

TripAdvisor reviews were spot on! We had a delicious breakfast. I am an almond croissants fan. My favorite place is now here! I love that it is not overly sweet. We each had an omelette which were just the way we like them. My husband loved the biscuits and gravy too. A bonus was the family story about the owner’s father. He was an executive chef and he was the inspiration for the restaurant. Love this place! We are planning a trip back for lunch.

Reviewed July 11, 2019

This is a cafe where you order at the counter and then the food is served to your table. My husband and I go this restaurant frequently for breakfast/brunch as the food is so good. I have ordered omelets, quiches and soup. I occasionally order a latte. All have been excellent. Other than the specialty coffees, drinks are self serve. We love that the staff will come by and ask how the food is and if there is anything else we need. The local artwork is unique and you can also buy it off the walls. This is a must for anyone who loves excellent food.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Excellent. If you are looking for quality, freshness and smiles of great service.
It was my first visit and by the end of breakfast I knew I would be back the next morning again. No hotel venue was going to replace this excellent dining experience. Everything was delicious.
The Hungry Rooster included perfect eggs with equally crafted bacon and english muffin. Righteous homemade hash browns and a great espresso.
Yes. Go.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

I was there with the wife some time ago and remember the fantastic food and great service. The wife wanted to try it because of their Gluten Free Menu and she loved it. The servings were ample and well prepared as well as well presented.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jeremiah J

Been to Wet Hen Cafe? Share your experiences!