“Good food, nice people”

Wet Hen Cafe
Ranked #3 of 957 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Locally owned and operated cafe serving freshly prepared comfort food for breakfast and lunch. Enjoy a warm and cozy environment to plant yourself. Curb your appetite or warm your heart while plugging into our free Wi-Fi!
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went to the Wet Hen for breakfast and we both had quiche. It was wonderful. Very nice people here, attentive and polite. Prices are quite reasonable for the quality of the food. Just a nice down home place. Enjoy.

1  Thank BobH835

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I received a gift card from my aunt for this charming little hole in the wall. The food is fabulous and so fresh. Honestly the best apple pie I've ever had. We have gone back several times and its a good forty minutes from home so that should tell you how good it is. Family run very clean cute rooster decoration. Tucked away in a strip mall so not a place you would see easily. Very busy at lunch. Great soups and outstanding quiche.

1  Thank Marcia B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been visiting here for last few months about once a week. It's a cozy place where I can pick up my order and go. Their soups are great, sandwiches are fresh and different (I like my picasso. It's a BLT w/ Brie). There are couple of sandwich shops (family owned and franchise stores), but I would pick here over others. It's pretty close from airport if you know the area. I don't know if they make their pastries like quiches and croissants, but they are great. I haven't had chance to eat their breakfast, but I'm sure they are great as well.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a cozy place with fresh foods that are out of this world. Feels like going to a bed and breakfast with the staff as your family. Breakfast and Lunches are fantastic! I ordered an apple pie for Thanksgiving and it was just like Grandma's. You will love the Quiche, fresh salads and sandwiches too! The daily soup is homemade right there in their kitchen. Try it and you may like it.

2  Thank Kim B
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Wet Hen is a small cozy place. Good parking and an easy location to get to. the menu is substantial for a small place. The staff is very accomodating, putting together just what you want. The quiches are delicious as well as the daily specials (today is was fresh baked turnkey (real turkey) sandwich with onions and peppers cooked like a croque monseur) It is small with 9 tables, but very nicely appointed. It has become a favorite lunch spot for me. If you are going for the first time I would definitely try the daily special and the daily soup. Also has a good carry-out business. I would highly recommend The Wet Hen

Been to Wet Hen Cafe? Share your experiences!