“Food Court atmospherre - restaurant quality food”
Review of Bowl - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bowl
Cuisines: American
Hawthorne, Nevada
“Food Court atmospherre - restaurant quality food”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went with friends (four total). Enjoyed a bottle of wine from the wine bar next door and some wonderful dishes from Bowl - all enjoyed in the common seating area. There are plenty of alternatives around the common to satisfy a large group.

Bowl is one of my favs. I had the rabbit - not my fav Oh well.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Shawn H

Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If I lived in Reno, I'd eat at the Bowl every week!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My son and daughter-inlaw took me to this wonderful restaurant by while I was visiting Reno, and wow, I loved it. Just my kind of food--fresh, interesting, tasty, with an ethnic twist and even good for me! Yum yum. Wish I could go there right now.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mary B
Reno, Nevada
“innovative dinner creations”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

One of my favorite places for dinner in Reno. wonderful selection of dishes from quail to pork shoulder to vegetarian dishes. Never the same because the owner is busy creating new dishes and only uses what he can obtain seasonally. Always has interesting wines to try as well.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gena424
Reno, Nevada
“Favorite restaurant in Reno”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Spend 5 minutes watching the lone chef behind the counter focused on preparing your food. All the items on the menu here are served in a bowl. There are usually a few meat dishes (I've enjoyed the stuffed quail and the lamb-tamale), a few seafood dishes including a "surf and turf" (monkfish/lamb chop was the last version I tried), and few vegetarian dishes (my favorite is the grilled vegetable curry). The flavor combinations are delicious. The appetizers are so-so. I haven't tried many of the salads. Desserts (there are usually 3 selections) are great, but often 1 or 2 are unavailable. Atmosphere is casual - you can eat on the shared patio or indoor area, or at the wine bar next door, or within the restaurant proper and they will find you with your food. Hard to beat the prices too.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank timo123123
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good flavors”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a good dinner here. I enjoyed a bowl of couscous with Moroccan meatballs, swiss chard and citrus-mint carrots. I thought it was very tasty and filling. My husband had the paella, which was decent but somewhat bland.

• Visited September 2013