“Could do better”

Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Yes, it has full kitchen, etc. for a long stay but we were only staying for one night. The bed was uncomfortable and the room was noisy with people walking upstairs all night, loud fridge and loud heater/cooler in the room. There are hardly any amenities in the room such as shampoo. Very cheap quality sheets, towels, kleenex, etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Mariann - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you found your room to be uncomfortable and noisy during your stay with us. As well, I am sorry for the noise disturbances you encountered from your refrigerator and heater. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Please know that toiletries, including shampoo, are available upon request at the front desk, should you need them in the future. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I've stayed here before. I enjoyed it then and this visit was no change. Very good check-in service. The internet service was good. The room was on the large size and it was very clean. It's a basic room, nothing fancy so if you need bling this is not a place for you. But it sure works for me. And the best part is the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2014

"Breakfast" is these horrible pre packaged muffins that will probably kill any diabetic who eats one. "Dishes" are the cr@ppiest excuse for cookware I have ever seen. I put half a stick of butter and stirred the whole time and the eggs STILL stuck to the pan! Not just a little, a whole layer of egg glued to the bottom! They don't even have conditioner available! What the heck?! Are they so cheap that they can't even provide conditioner? I wouldn't stay here again even if someone paid me to.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Darian N

Darian - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. As well, I apologize that you were not pleased with the dishes provided in your kitchen and our lack of conditioner. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My son and I just finished our second ski trip to Lake Tahoe. Although we stayed here for just one night, I can imagine that the full kitchen and the big fridge will be great for a long stay-over. The facility is pretty new and in great shape. The grab and go breakfast is almost non-exist, but for $47/night, this is the best value you can get.

Room Tip: I booked through Priceline
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wei Q
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking valuable time to post your recent visit with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to meet your expectations and that our affordable rates and fully equipped kitchen were an added value.

Thank you again Wei and we look forward to you and your sons return.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here for 15 days, and really hated to leave last week. I'm relocating to the area and stayed here when I first got back to town. I like the neighborhood a I lived just down the street a few years ago. Close to shopping, restaurants, and Reknown Hospital. Actually all within a 5-10 minute walk.

The room is as pictured. (I'll attach pics I took of my room.) Very well maintained and actually better than I was expecting at the value price I paid. The full kitchen, with full sized fridge, 2 burner cooktop, microwave, and toaster made it nice to save a bit, rather than eating out all the time. Utensils and cookware were adequate for my needs. There's a coffee pot on the kitchen counter, with more coffee available at the front desk. The bed and bedding are great, very firm, and they even offered a mattress topper if you wanted it more plush. I didn't need it. Nice Samsung Flat Screen TV, about a 42". Adequate amount of channels. WiFi is free, but on the slow side. You can upgrade to a higher speed for a fee, but for my needs, the free WiFi was fine. The bathroom was large, well appointed, and clean. There is a nice reclining chair for relaxing in. A dining table and chair, with a matching chair at the desk. Very well appointed room, and comfortable for long stays.

At night there is a basket out at the front desk, with complimentary microwave popcorn and hygiene products. The complimentary "Grab and Go" Breakfast was fine for me. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, muffins, oatmeal, granola bars and fruit are served from 6-9:30am. If you are expecting more, expect to pay 1.5 times the rate or more. Also, other reviewers complained about the lack of service at night. They have to understand that this is a value priced hotel and that is how costs are kept down. If you want to be waited on 24/7, then maybe you need to stay at the Residence Inn next door, and pay 3 times the price. Yes, 3 times. I looked it up. I can't imagine that it is 3 times better than this Extended Stay. This hotel also allows pets for an added fee, though I don't have one, so I'm not sure what the rate is for pets.

This hotel was worth every penny and then some. I found it to be a great value. I dealt with 5 different staff members at the front desk, and I found them all to be very courteous, helpful and efficient. It is a well run hotel. I would stay here again and again.

Thank you for the pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I was very happy with mine, #118. Single Queen Bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank clangrill
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your time to post your experiences with us on your recent stay. We so appreciate guests that take the time to let the world know how their stay was with us. It is a vital tool for us. A multifaceted benefit. We learn what areas we need to improve on, how to better serve our guests and in your case, the wonderful experience of reward. Your kind words not only made us red in the face but so encourage and motivated to continue our strive to serve our guests. I can not thank you enough for the huge moral boost you provided.

We do hope you will visit us again and we will do our very Very BEST to provide you with a great stay.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Clean rooms and building nice, friendly staff. good value, enough plate, utinsels , etc. Good location. clean halls & stairways..................................................................................................

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

John - Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us and your kind words. We are happy to hear that you found our guest rooms and overall hotel to be clean. Also, I am pleased that our staff provided you with courteous and great customer service.

We hope you return to us in the future so we can prove ourselves to you again. From all of us, THANK YOU!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The stay was fine . I couldn't really comment on the service because it was non existent there literally was no service. You are all on your own at this place . I wanted to ask for a vacuum to do the hotel hallway at one point. There was a receipt on the floor in the hallway for three days I actually took a photo of it . I never ever had maid service and was there for 5 days . No one ever greets you or says have a good day just a really weird place. Convenient location and room was efficient that was good. The strange thing is I kind of liked being left alone . Oh well I am used to the service and cleanliness I get at the Hilton chain . Would I stay there again ??? Not sure at this point . There was one guy there that was nice and helpful I believe his name was Denny .The room rate is the only thing that would bring me back that is for sure .

Room Tip: Stay above ground floor . Either I had the Jolly Green Giant above me or the ceiling is paper thin.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2fromLV
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here in Reno. We value your experience as it helps up to continue to improve the service we provide to our guests. I was disheartened to learn that no one was available to assist your needs at the front desk. That is not the standard of service that we provide our guests. We apologize for not meeting our or your expectations. Again thank you for your comments. I hope that you will return to Reno and give us another opportunity to serve you better.