“good food and cocktails”

The Gas Lamp Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #105 of 934 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fine Food and Spirits, Its a quaint little restaurant 11-15 tables excellent service & presentation of food was beautiful, unique sauces, one of their specialties was a 14 oz pork chop! we tried the Rib eye steak that was outstanding, came with mashed root veg.served with a blue cheese garlic butter that melted in your mouth, we also tried Blacken Talapia with a mango glazed served beautifully, I would suggest reservations because you don't want to miss out, yet we did not have one and we were served They have a nice Bar area and will also serve dinners in there. The Gas lamp is a true Gem!
Reno, Nevada
“good food and cocktails”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

went with a group of friends for dinner, ate at the bar. place was pretty packed, service was friendly and prompt. the menu had so many good choices was hard for us to decide! I had the tortellini with sausage and mushrooms, and it was delicious! other things had by friends - ribeye steak, tuna tartare, ciopinno, and sesame encrusted tilapia. the fare was definitely more sophisticated and varied than I expected from the outside looks of the restaurant. I told the bartender just to make something up with my favorite spirit (st germain) and her creation was awesome! I would go again for sure.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Sharon W

Reno, Nevada
“Great food, drinks and atmosphere ”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We came here before our movie on our date night. We had the best time!! The wine selection was superb and the food was delicious.

1 Thank Elise228
Incline Village, NV
“Okay”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I'm not as excited as some reviewers. Let me start with the good. The service was excellent; friendly and efficient. The pork chop is the best item on the menu and it is gigantic!. My husbands steak was over done. The prices were in line with other local spots.

We were there for a client dinner and it is not conducive for that. The seating is crowded. It was a slow night but not quiet. We asked to be moved to a corner table. Those wanting an extensive menu will be disappointed. There is a daily sheet with 3 or 4 entrees and several appetizers. The pork chop previously mentioned is always available.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tbasler
Minden, Nevada
“Night out at the Gas Lamp.”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I decided to look for a different place to try and this place had good reviews. We came on a Sunday evening and were seated right away. The tables for two are very close together and we felt that the couples on either side of us were listening to our every word. We were definitely able to hear everything said by them...uncomfortable. We had the garlic fries as an appetizer and they were good....not too garlicky. Then soup (acorn squash) good and salad also very good. Then I had the hanger steak. It looked and tasted a lot like beef stew. Not what I was expecting but it tasted pretty good after some seasoning. My hubby had the pork chop and really liked it. The bar and restaurant were really quiet. We may try the bar next time since it looked like we would be able to have a little more privacy with our conversation there.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank INTANDEMBIKES
“Best Locals Restaurant!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Locally owned & operated this is a great restaurant especially if you want a quiet, intimate dinner away from the casinos. With everything from a great burger to a gourmet entre they have something for everyone! The menu changes from time to time to insure the freshest foods available. Bravo to Deb & Danny for a job well done - all the time!

• Visited August 2013