“Stay at Atlantis hotel/casino down the street!”

Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed July 25, 2011

we were going to stay for 5 nights, but left in the second night. This hotel is old and rundown. The A/C did not work, the carpet had several stains and the linen had stains and holes. we decided to stay at Atlantis, 5 minute drive from this dump! $69 a night for a beautiful room and a great view of Reno.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mike456_11

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I booked two identical rooms and both rooms were confirmed at the same price. When I arrived a higher price was demanded for one of the rooms. It was late and I had no choice but to pay the higher price. Super 8 motels are often run down old buildings. Sometimes the rooms are nice other times they are dumps. So, you gamble when you reserve a room at super 8. This time I lost. The room was a dump and I was overcharged. Went to Days Inn in Reno on my return trip. Much better room than Super 8 at a lower price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank donotbotherme
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed here to visit Virginia City and found the staff, the free breakfast, and the rate really good. It is also close to shopping and lots of restaurants.

The only downfall is that it is extremely noisy. We were woke up both nights we stayed there in the middle of the night by other rude "guests" , The first night there was a bunch of drunks from the rodeo and people got in a fight in the parking lot. The next night some people were up and checking out at 3:30 in the am and decided instead of carrying their luggage to drag each suitcase down the stairs one step at a time... very annoying. I would stay here again but I would definately ask for a room on the inside by the pool... much quieter.

Room Tip: We booked on Travelocity. good rate
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2011

this place is old, gross, musty. hardly anything works. the check in staff is friendly but i don't see how given all the people complaining about everything. the lobby and the pool area look new and nice but the rooms are so old. the keys don't work. the bed linens/towels are ancient and cheap. i will say the rooms are big so that was nice. but this place is so not worth the $50.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank CaliforniaTinTin
Reviewed October 24, 2010

This hotel was disgusting, and the air conditioning didnt work so they brought up a fan, like that was normal. They charged us for a broken window that was there when we got there, and the pool wasnt even open.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank eryssman
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Nightmare staying at Super 8 Meadowwood

I am still at this place so don’t think my nightmare is over but I will be leaving on a rocket come this Sunday, October 10.

The front desk agent (won’t say any names but she’s new) is rude and obnoxious type of individual.

First the don’t guarantee a weekly stay even though they have singed you up for a room with all the paper work done, then the room the assigned me and my wife was on the second floor when we clear requested the first.

We were finally placed in a room that was freshly painted on there Day’s Inn side and we were told we could not stay in the room because it was renovated and that we had to move.

Now the temperature has dropped in Reno to 45 degrees or so and they only have a two pipe system which me and my wife have requested they turn on the heat in these cold temperatures we made that request on Monday and it’s now Tuesday and guess what’ still no heat.

I would recommend this place to a dog!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank PissedCustomerReno
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and were pleasantly surprised. In fact so much that we decided to stay a second night. It is definitely older but well kept with updated amenities. Looks like a merger is happening between Super 8 and Days Inn but I was never quite sure which direction the merger was going. Lobby and breakfast area have been renovated but nothing else yet. Good value during the weekend when everything else in the same area cost at least four times as much. My only recommendation would be to add one of those rounded shower curtain rods so that while showering the curtain doesn’t try to drape you. Great invention!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple