“Solo Trip - RJK” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Reno
San Jose, California
“Solo Trip - RJK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although I was only here a couple of days, it was a nice two days. The casino was small, but the location was just outside the area of the larger casino's, which I liked. The hotel sits adjacent to the Truckee River which is a plus. If you want to go to the larger casino's they are just up the street. I always felt safe. Before I booked my room, I read the reviews from previous guests. I read from other reviews that the rooms on the upper floors were nicer than the lower ones and to request a river facing room. I did this and got a great room. Next time in Reno. I'm staying here.

Room Tip: Request and upper floor room (7th - 9th) and ask for the river view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Raymond K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Ocean Park, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Nice little Hotel & Spa. Size is right for us at age 65 ans service and friendly atmosphere is over the top. Everyone is very accommadative top to bottom. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to other places around the Reno area. Just tip them appropriatly. Always stayed at Peppermill and Atlantis. It will be here in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the river side of the Hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
rarotonga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I did not stay at the hotel but entered the casino on July 30 2013. I was asked to sign up for a free players card and was told by doing so if I played a slot machine whatever I lost within the next 24 hours (up to $200.00) would be refunded in the form of free play in the amount of the loss. As the casino person put it "you can not lose because if you do the loss will be refunded."
I promptly went to a $2 machine and decided to play until I either lost $200 or won $100. I lost the $200. On August 2 I returned to claim my $200 and was told that, "The system says you did not play the slots that day or any day" So refused to pay me the $200 they owed me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bob h
Oakland,ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We found the Siena through Trivago. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Th room had a nice decor, but was showing some wear (e.g. Carpets were clean, but with some risidual staining on them.

This is a small hotel with a small pool and casino, but it was within walking distance to the major casinos downtown. The area the hotel was in felt a little low class, but we felt comfortable walking from there to downtown.

There were no towels at the pool which was disappointing. The staff at the spa said they had contacted housekeeping for more, but we ended up going to our room to get towels. Otherwise the service was very good.

I would stay at the Siena again.

• Stayed July 2013
Studio City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night, and really didn't spend much time in the hotel (we stayed overnight on our way north). Check in was fast and easy. We had no reservations and they were very accommodating - we wanted a non-smoking room and they gave us one. The lobby of the hotel is what you'd expect - somewhat dated decor, sounds of the casino and smells like smoking - it's Reno!! The room was nice - modern decor, very spacious and clean. There's a small fridge, desk, chest of drawers and flat screen tv. The bathroom was also nice and spacious and everything worked. There was no view - in fact, our window had frosted glass because the view was to the rooftop of the casino. This didn't bother us, because we were just passing through, but it may be something to think about if you want a view. The location is nice, right by the river and close to downtown, but not in the grungy area. We ate at the Riverview Cafe. The food was surprisingly good although the atmosphere and decor are a little dated.
Overall, we would stay there again. I feel we got good value for our money.

Room Tip: If you want a view, make sure to ask for one, because some of the rooms have a view of the casino ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Modesto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I Have Stayed Twice Now at the Siena Hotel, Had always Had a Great Nights Sleep. Rooms are
Nicely Furnished, and the Beds are Comfortable....Nice Pool on the Fourth Floor and Nice Gym
and Never Crowded. The River View Rooms have a nice View of the Truckie River. The Casino
is nice smaller than most but a nice change of Pace, and they have a good Comp. system
with the players card, My 2nd Two Night Stay was Free..There is also a nice wine Cellar down stairs I found Nice....All in all I would Recomend the Siena for a great get a way.

Room Tip: Ask for a River View room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Siena for only one night on our way home from California. The room was a great deal and the place seemed nice. We went to dinner at the sushi place in the hotel and the waiter said we could share their all you could eat option for $25. So we did. When the bill came, we had both been charged. They explained that the deal was only good for people who had "players cards." I felt like that was a bit dishonest. The room that night had an air conditioner that sounded like an airplane, blankets that felt like sand paper, and the bathroom door screeched every time someone opened or closed it. Needless to say, no one in the room slept much.

• Stayed July 2013