“Great place to stay in Reno” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siena Hotel

Siena Hotel
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Elk Grove, CA
“Great place to stay in Reno”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

What a nice suprise this hotel was. With most of Reno on the decline, the Siena was clean and didn't really have the "casino" smell. The room was clean and modern and had plenty of space to move around. ipod dock and flat screen tv were both in the room. It is only a few minutes walk to the near by casinos, but I had the best luck on the slots at the Siena. Right next to the river and the hotel has some rooms with a nice view on the higher floors.

Room Tip: try to get floor 5 or higher
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Brush Prairie, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We flew in for a Saturday night play, Guys and Dolls, and we were Welcomed in at Hotel and treated like royalty. The hotel staff, maintenance and housekeeping were all very friendly and very accommodating. The room was larger then we expected and very clean and comfortable. The bed was amazing, we slept in later then usual because we were so comfortable. I will definitely return and will recommend to anyone traveling to Reno.

Citrus Heights, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We took advantage of a LivingSocial special for this hotel since we were headed to Reno for a concert anyway. I had never been into this hotel before so I was a little unsure going into it. We were very pleasantly surprised! The rooms were fantastic! Quite roomy, beds and pillows were very comfortable and clean, LCD TV was a great plus in addition to the mini fridge, just wish there was a microwave for things like leftovers. The only restaurant we ate at was the River View Cafe, which was quite impressive. The staff was great, food was yummy, and prices affordable (especially the daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials). The casino area was nice and NOT CROWDED which is more than I can say about a lot of the other casinos in the area. The only downside is that it seems that there are just not enough cocktail waitresses on the floor, just about every time we wanted a drink while playing, we had to leave our machines to head to the bar. All in all, this is a fantastic place to stay with great staff and restaurants, and a beautiful view of the Truckee River. We will definitely be staying here again!

Nevada city, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a great stay here recently. First time I stayed here. I usually don't stay downtown but it's a good option if you want cheaper gambling and want to casino hop. But I have heard of this hotel and I was aware of its location, so we decided to stay here. Lobby was perfect for this little gem.
My room was amazing, but I was in a corner suite. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was huge, lots of windows and views. Has a fridge, desk, couch, a cool table and chairs in the corner window for enjoying the sunset or views of river.
We didn't eat here so I can't rate the food. We walked to Downtown to check out some restaurants and the gambling scene. Well we ate there but you couldn't get near a table or slot b/c they were so busy due to the 3 day weekend. So we opted to go back to the Siena and play there. Great little casino. All the newest slot machines, craps table, roulette, black jack, pretty much everything. I won huge on Craps, the slots seemed tight but I would definitely go back again. I live within 1.5hrs of Reno so I come here a lot and there are a lot of options. But this one is a great option, one of the best downtown.

Room Tip: River views, corner suites,the beds, it's all good.
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino offers a very good value and is clean and shinny! The rooms are a little on the smaller size. However the rooms are clean. The downtown location is excellent, restaurants within the hotel close pretty early! The cafe within the hotel offers typical casino hotel food with large portions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
maumee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

River view room was awesome, and possibly the best sushi I've ever had!!!! The rate for the room was very reasonable, and it was very clean and up to date. Did the romance package, and we had the time of our lives. The staff is wonderful too.

Room Tip: River view is best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coreysloan1
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently traveled to Reno to visit with friends and to get in some gambling. What a great stay I had! The rate was great, the room was stylish, clean, and comfortable, and the staff were super friendly. I ate at the sushi restaurant and was really surprised at how awesome the food was. It was very fresh and really cool to watch them prepare everything. I highly recommend the Ninja rolls. I even came home with a few extra bucks from the casinos! When I go back to Reno, I'll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends