“Mixed review”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #175 of 913 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reno
“Mixed review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Went as part of a group for dinner. Service was great, and restaurant is clean and attractive. Everyone agreed that the food was very good, BUT for the price, the portion of food was lacking.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DGeorge T

• Polish first
Fernley, Nevada
“This is the BEST BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have attended the Best in the west rib cook off for the last 22 years, Dave's is one of, if not the best BBQ I have tasted. My wife and I eat there at least 6 times a year, may not sound like a lot if not for the fact we drive 30 miles into Reno and pre decide where we are going to eat prior to leaving Fernley. We have about 7 places we eat out at in Reno and this is one of the top contenders, and the only consideration when BBQ is the choice. Thanks Dave's!

• Visited February 2014
“Great Lunch and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We had Christina as our server and she did an excellent job.

On the food front, the Mrs got the 2 meat special and I got the Dave's Sassy BBQ salad with pork. The salad was great and the Mrs liked the combo. We skipped dessert.

We would go back.

• Visited October 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best ever BBQ for me...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I searched and I found. This is an American BBQ spot that blew me away. I had ribs, burnt ends, brisket, potato salad and baked beans. All were wow with the burnt ends and the ribs winning. 5 different house sauces to try. I loved the Devil spicy tangy sauce.

• Visited September 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Place looked nice, friendly staff but food was poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Now, my mistake could have been taking my food to go. I was in Reno for a job interview and was starving after not eating breakfast or lunch. I drove up and down several streets but didn't want fast food. I saw Famous Dave's but only recognized the name because of the sauce for sale in grocery stores. I figured I'd give it a try. I don't like eating in restaurants solo, so I took it back to my room. I ordered the Georgia Chopped Pork with cole slaw, potato salad, corn bread muffin and an extra order of 12 wings (I was HUNGRY!). The cost, $27. a bit more than I planned on spending but again, I was hungry. The place inside looked nice and maybe half empty and in hind site, I wished I would've eaten in. When I dug in back at the room, I was immediately disappointed. The pork tasted like it been sitting out for a couple of days. Much of it was stale hard around the edges. The sauce, I could only tolerate so much of it. It was took overpowering. The sides were somewhat bland but edible. Needed salt. The cornbread was the best tasting of the meal. As far as the wings, I was so looking forward to these as they have a half dozen sauce choices and I picked a Pineapple infused spicy sauce. It was supposed to be the second most spicy. It was neither hot nor very edible. The wing was way overcooked and the sauce was nowhere near what I was expecting. It was so bad, me, a person who LOVES wings, could only tolerate 3 wings. I left the rest for the maid. I will give this place another try, next time dining in and trying something else. Hopefully this wasn't the norm.

Visited September 2013