“Delicious food made with local and fresh ingredients.”

Old Granite Street Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Granite Street Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been to Granite Street a couple of times and have always had a very nice experience. The food is delicious and I know it sounds crazy, but try the deviled eggs!! I love that the ingredients they use are farm fresh and local - their burger using grass fed meat tastes unlike any other that I've had. Only "complaint" would be that they could benefit by adding a few more things to the menu. Additionally, I'm not a giant fan of the very hipster waitstaff. If you want to dress and act hipster that's no skin off my nose, but that attitude shouldn't be carried over into the service. GREAT beer selection!

1  Thank prettystella

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Curious --- we were too! This was the most delicious appetizer -- dates filled with bleu cheese, wrapped in bacon and broiled! Yum!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I popped in here the other night for dinner because of TA reviews. I had the daily special grilled sea bass and my wife had the scallops. Excellent presentation on both and wonderful flavors. I got one of her four scallops as she got full. She had to have room for a shared dessert so I graciously offered to eat the last one. For dessert, we had the lemon pudding cake. One thing I liked was the "just right" portion sizes. We left full but not stuffed and didn't have to worry about leftovers.

Our server was attentive throughout the evening which I appreciated. The building was old with very high ceilings. They had draped some sort of pads above the tables to absorb some of the noise because of the vast amount of hard surfaces, but it was still a little loud. All and all a good memory.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

When the Huz and I were in Reno on a weekend getaway from San Francisco, we found Old Granite from TripAdvisor reviews. We're SF foodies, so didn't expect the same quality in Reno (sorry). We were pleasantly surprised by the amazing food, the great historical building and our genuinely nice server Audry. We had dinner there on a Saturday night -- parked free across the street in the lot -- and then strolled along the River Walk afterwards. I highly recommend the Lentil salad -- one of the best salads that I've ever had anywhere. The Huz loved the sausage (locally made), and the lemon pudding cake for dessert (not what he expected -- more like a perfectly done soufflé than a cake). Another bonus -- the prices are low low low compared to similar food in San Francisco. Audry helped us figure out how to accommodate my diet restrictions (no gluten, pescatore vegetarian) and knowledgeably discussed sausage, chorizo etc with the Huz. We plan to return to Old Granite soon, and to have dinner there one night, and brunch there the next morning (Saturday or Sunday brunch) so that the Huz can try the unusual chorizo. We cannot recommend this establishment highly enough -- thanks Audry for a great experience!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great old classic building with lots of charm and the food matched it! Very good menu choices and we enjoyed the our meal very much - the bar offerings were varied and also very good. Waiter was fun as well as professional and gave good tips on the area.

Been to Old Granite Street Eatery? Share your experiences!