“Delicious Food inside a casino”

Briscola Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jensen Street
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The most delicious, different Italian food. Very elegant food, yet very casual feeling in a restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Briscola Restaurant

Reviewed December 10, 2011

We love Italian food and like to cook so we had such high hopes for Briscola but were completely underwhelmed. The atmosphere was quaint but the service was slow and unresponsive. The menu was interesting but the risotto needed to be sent back. We would not eat here again based upon our experience.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Once we got our food it was alright, however my salad took them 3 tries and it still was not correct. My young sons did not receive their food until after the manager brought us a dessert from another restaurant in the casino. Thankfully, the 3 year old slept through this 2 hour meal. The manager did try to make it right but it was really too little too late and the Grand Sierra seemed to be disconnected from the restaurants.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We ate here in a group of ten and the meal was over $600.00 which is not terrible but the food was just ok. I ate only the meat off of mine. The food is al a carte. at the bar one of my martinis was $18!

Reviewed August 26, 2010

We enjoyed the food, the pacing of the meal and the service at Briscola. My husband chose the duck prosciutto and grilled peach salad and I chose the caprese salad. Our entrees were the braised lamb lasagna and one of the night’s specials; pork tenderloin over mushroom ragout with garbanzo beans.

The presentation of both salads was lovely. There was a great balance of ingredients in the duck prosciutto and grilled peach salad – sweetness with the bitter greens. The caprese salad featured an heirloom tomato that was selected at its ripe best paired with a deep fried mozzarella ball instead of the tradition sliced mozzarella.

We were well satisfied with the entrees. However, they would have been really well suited for a cold winter night in front of a fire. The style was rustic with an emphasis on quality ingredients. The portion of lamb braised lasagna, especially given its richness, was quite large. It came with a very tasty drizzle of balsamic sauce and a second tomato cream sauce. The tomato cream sauce was just a bit more than needed and was heavily infused with saffron. Generally I love saffron, but it was a bit overdone – easy enough to leave on the plate. The pork tenderloin, also a large portion, was prepared perfectly and the mushroom / bean ragout was delicious. I favor salt and love bold flavors. However, I think that a little less prosciutto in the ragout (less salty) as well as less sage would have made an even more successful dish. The waiter said the dish would be included on their next menu. As I said, it would be great winter dish.

We had the panna cotta with orange peel and a dried cherry reduction sauce and the lemon cheesecake for dessert. After the rich meal, we didn’t finish the desserts but both were delicious. They were also very pretty in the presentation and were well balanced and complex without being overdone.

The meal was perfectly paced and service was very good. My husband asked the waiter for a recommendation for a glass of wine. Our only complaint was that we would have likely benefitted from the sommelier’s attention. My husband was quite specific about what he was looking for and he ended up ordering a 2nd glass of his own choosing.

My advice would be to venture outside the standard Italian offerings as the Chef has some “skills”.

Been to Briscola Restaurant? Share your experiences!