“Great Casino with great Chinese food”
Review of Chi

Chi
Ranked #33 of 935 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Savor delicacies of Asia under the guidance of Master Asian Chef Benny Tsang at CHI in the Peppermill Reno. Experience our Peking Duck or delight in seafood from our live aquatic tanks. Sample noodle dishes and an array of appetizing platters.
Truckee, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Casino with great Chinese food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The service is good, the food is excellent, and they have a big bar with a nice sake selection. We usually go to Chi with a large group and order a couple of apps and entrees. I love the crab rangoons and generals chicken. The chicken is spicy which I love. The sweet and sour soup is one of my favs as well. Great atmosphere and fun for a big group or just a couples night out.

• Visited May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Upstate N.Y.
“For a quiet meal amidst the clanking and chaos of machines-”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

And not only quiet, but really, really good.
Our server talked me out of a bowl of the chicken corn soup, said a $3 cup would be more than sufficient. He was correct. The soup was delicious, the cup as large as bowls in most restaurants.
We split an order of stirfried peapods and waterchestnuts. My wife had crispy duck and I had beef in a black bean sauce piled on noodles. The beef was rare and tender and plentiful, the sauce extremely flavorful. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her duck.
Service was attentive. The restaurant was a quiet oasis in the middle of a casino. The bill, with drinks, was $82 prior tip, and would be the restaurant I would certainly make a point of returning to should I return to Reno.

1 Thank swampknot
Sacramento, California, United States
“Best Asian Restaurant Ever Experienced!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This restaurant was absolutely fabulous! It offered the best Asian food and service we have ever experienced. The Broccoli Beef was extremely tender and tasty, and the Lemon Chicken was fantastic, i.e., the tempura-like coating light with wonderful Lemon sauce. The coconut gelato desert was a wonderful topper for the meal.

Medford, OR
“Bar service at Chi”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was early in the evening last weej and we decided to try Chi, since we were staying at the Peppermill anyway and thought a lighter fare would be more appropriate that evening. In line for the main restaurant, things were moving rather slowly, plus there seemed to be a fair number of small children already in the restaurant and more in line with their parents. Off to the right was a nice bar and hardly anyone there, other than 4 ladies eating in a corner, and who already had their food. The bar was empty (other than perhaps a lone male way at the end) and there were about 4-5 small tables away from the bar. In checking with the male host at the front desk he told us we could eat in the bar if we wanted---and yes, "we wanted". Upon entering, we picked out the small table across from the center of the bar. The waitress quickly replied--"could you please sit at the bar--I'm by myself in here tonight". I responded--- the host said we could pick a table and are we're not interested in sitting on bar stools or in front of poker machines. She said--"ok, but it might be awhile before I can get to you". What? There's practically no one in here. She eventually brought out two menus, took our drink order and went back behind the bar--not at all a "happy camper" about our decision to stay at the table. No genuine greeting or even a smile as I recall. We ordered an appetizer plate for $16.00, which we thought was a little steep in price. It came, she cautioned us the plate would be hot--but again no real interest in us, how we were doing, pleasant conversation, nothing. Apparently still miffed at something..we were polite and full of thanks. Another couple came in and the waitress told them it would be "20-30 minutes" before she could get to them, UNLESS they wanted to eat at the bar. So, they sat behind a couple of poker machines at the bar and had food delivered to them, positioning the plates around the face of the machine. Looked really fun. (not!) The 4 ladies were now gone, one or two people had come and gone from the bar and we were still the only ones eating at the small tables. Although we had planned to order 1-2 dinner meals, we decided to get out of the place. She brought us our ticket and said--"thanks for putting up with me". What the--?
The food was just OK--nothing special, although we can't speak for any of the main courses offered on their extensive menu. The mediocrity of somes restaurants cause you to forget you even ate there. We will remember this place for all the wrong reasons, which equate to a rating well below mediocre. I will add that we have eaten in every other restaurant at the Peppermill and have had generally good things to say about each one.

San Jose, California
“Won over my husband”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My son and I are the ones that like Chinese food. We convinced my husband and other son to try it. They loved it. It was good, the atmosphere is nice and the service was good. For your basic American familiar Chinese food this will get you your fix.

Visited August 2013

Been to Chi? Share your experiences!