“Very impressed!”

Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We needed a place to crash near the airport after arriving in RNO close to midnight. The shuttle service picked us up as soon as we arrived and the front desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was by far the best complimentary meal we have ever had at a hotel. Would stay again in a heartbeat and highly recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Carey B, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! One great thing about being right across from the airport is the quick shuttle service - just give us a call when you get to baggage claim and we send the shuttle over immediately.

Our complimentary hot breakfast has a wide variety of delicious items to enjoy...and it sounds like that is exactly what you did, enjoyed! We also offer a great café menu with cook-to-order meals 24/7, so there is always food available when hunger strikes. We even have a great Bakery Café Bar with Starbucks specialty coffees, premium beer, wine and a variety of cocktails.

You are always welcome back and thanks again for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport. We appreciate you!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

As other reviewers have noted, this hotel is extremely close to the airport which makes sense for anyone flying out of RNO early in the morning. The shuttle bus starts running at 4:30am and continues until midnight. The feel of this hotel is modern, efficient, yet comfortable. I like the room layout and the clean, crisp decor and design. The sofa is amazingly comfortable and a nice touch to the room. A half partition separates the "living area" from the bed. Sink and vanity are separate from toilet and walk-in shower. Absolutely the best shower water pressure, especially helpful when waking up at 4:00am and needing an invigorating shower. Since RNO is not a busy airport, noise from the airport is not an issue (I even faced the airport). Free breakfast starts at 6:00am. Early travelers leaving before 6:00am may be able to grab a quick continental breakfast to go if you talk to the front desk manager the evening before. Very friendly and personable staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Wonderful review...thank you Keystone Traveler! You described our hotel perfectly and made us all smile. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I used to be a local and still need to travel up to Reno once a month. I've stayed at the Hyatt twice now. Once it was my fiance and I and most recently, I was by myself. I LOVE this hotel. It's my favorite in all of Reno. The rooms are neat, clean, and spacious. I especially love the large couches in them. I love the relaxed atmosphere and the service and food is great!
My most recent stay, I got to the hotel really late. I think it was Jonathan who checked me in and he was really nice! I know some front desk agents get frustrated when people come in late at night (trust me, I know, I am a front desk agent!), but this wasn't the case here. I felt welcomed and he took care of all my needs right there (I had forgotten a few items at home..).

Overall, this is a wonderful hotel. I wish I could stay at the Hyatt everytime I travel up to Reno.

Room Tip: I had a room on the sixth floor - I enjoyed being so high up and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

It was a pleasure having you stay with us Kayla and we sincerely appreciate your wonderful remarks, especially since you are in the same industry! We really do have a great staff here and I will be sure to let them know how comfortable they made you feel.

It never seems to fail that guests forget something when traveling - but we have you covered here with our "Odds & Ends" Program. Everything from the usual toothbrushes, toothpaste and sewing kits to razors, shaving cream, nail polish and lint rollers. But we also offer borrowed items that include clothes steamers, curling irons/straighteners, yoga mats, pool noodles, water wings and even jumper cables! If you forgot it...we probably have it.

It sounds like you will be back to Reno again, so thank you for making us our favorite hotel and we hope to welcome you soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Had an overnight stay hereafter a bowling tournament and hotel looked great,clean, an the staff was extremely friendly, and great location from airport. I really enjoyed watching the Air Force jets do touch and go maneuvers. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

We just want to thank you for staying with us and providing such a nice review about our hotel! The National Bowling Stadium brings in some of the best bowlers in the world so it is nice to hear that you were able to enjoy your tournament in our beautiful city.

We are not only located right across from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, but also across from the Nevada Air National Guard, so I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy some of their air maneuvers. They are a wonderful neighbor to us and we very much appreciate their service!

Please come back and see us again soon...and we wish you the best of luck at your next tournament!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a representative Hyatt Place property with an extremely convenient location for departing morning flights. Quiet rooms -- mine faced the airport but I didn't hear flight or traffic noise. Complimentary airport shuttle makes things easy.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Carey B, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

We are all about comfort, convenience and customer service!! Thanks for letting us know!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Been here for business travel and it meets all the needs. The rooms are clean and large separated into a living area and a bedroom area. Literally across the street from the airport and next to the highway for easy on/off access. Breakfast is included. The only downside is you have to drive into Reno for meals since there in none located close by.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for you comments TXFlatlander and we are happy you stayed with us and enjoyed our hotel!

Our hotel does provide a great menu of available food 24/7, salads, sandwiches, burgers, pizza's etc., but for those that want to venture off property for a bite to eat we are located within walking distance (.2 miles) to a couple of great restaurants including Asian Noodle, El Paisano Mexican Food and Sushi Pier. Our Gallery Hosts are always ready to assist you with finding a restaurant close by, or providing a list of great restaurants throughout the Reno area.

Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel after a late flight into Reno and before an early flight out of Reno. It is a new hotel and it, and the Best Western, are the closest hotels to the airport. We have stayed at the Best Western. I much preferred the Hyatt Place. The rooms are large, with the bed area separated from a fairly large sitting area. There is also a desk, and small refrigerator. The breakfast was better than the average free hotel breakfast, but not amazing. The check in staff were very nice. There is no restaurant on site, but they do have a small bar adjacent to the check in counter. I think this is a great option for a hotel nearby the airport. The rooms are nice, new, and spacious. The location is great. It is worth a couple of extra $$ to stay here rather than the Best Western. We have also stayed at the Hyatt Place near Salt Lake City airport and been very happy with that experience as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Carey B, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you so much for the nice review and so glad you appreciate our hotel and amenities. We do have a Café that provided hot/cold food items to order 24 hours a day (salads, sandwiches, soups, hamburgers, etc.) and menus are in all of the guestrooms and at the Gallery Stand, so please be sure to enjoy our healthy food options next time you stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again!