“Modern, chic hotel in RENO?? Yes, really!”

Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Truckee, California
“Modern, chic hotel in RENO?? Yes, really!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Place before an early morning flight & I was truly impressed. The hotel itself feels fresh & new (despite being a few years old) & the furnishings are modern & chic-- something you just DON'T find in Reno.
The convenience to the airport cannot be beat-- it takes, literally, 5 minutes via shuttle to get there. I did the park & stay package & it was considerably less expensive to leave my car at Hyatt Place versus paying $14/day at the Reno AIrport. There was the slight inconvenience of having to call the shuttle & wait 10-15 minutes for pick-up once we returned, but the $$ savings made it worth it.
My room was very spacious-- with a living area & bedroom separated by a shoji screen. Everything was super clean, the linens were nice/of good quality as were the toiletries. There's a large flat screen TV in the room & mine looked onto the airport, which was fun.
I wondered how the noise would be considering Hyatt Place is tucked between the highway & airport but I heard nothing -- & I'm a light sleeper.
Perhaps most impressive of all was the service. From check-in to check-out everyone was super friendly & seemed to have an above-and-beyond attitude.
I may stay at this hotel again, even if I don't have an early morning flight. It beats the rest of the dated, smokey, casino hotels in the area.
I didn't use any of the amenities, but I noticed they had a swimming pool, fitness center, restaurant, even computers to use for printing boarding passes, etc.

Room Tip: As for a room on the "airport" side. Noise isn't bad & it's fun to see the pla...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nicole R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here one night, because we had a 6 am flight out of Reno. Our room was free because my husband had hotel points (from years ago) as a Hyatt gold passport member. It's free to sign up and the points don't expire. We had a corner room, very clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioner is a window style next to the bed - only negative. The bathroom was fine. There is a wet bar with large counter top. Very large flat screen TV on a swivel base. This hotel is perfect if you have an early morning flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - they are usually larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kabear
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here overnight into July 4th. My wife and 2 kids met me here (they were driving in from an extended visit with relatives), and I flew into Reno in the evening. My wife was very impressed with the customer service at check-in, and was also very impressed with the cafe in the lobby. My flight arrived after 10:00 at night, and within 5 minutes of calling to ask for the shuttle it had arrived to pick me up. The guy who drove the shuttle was also who checked my family in earlier in the day and made their dinner in the evening - he was extremely friendly, and I very much appreciate the extra attention he gave to my wife and kids.

The room itself was great. Everything seemed new and was in perfect working order. Also, the complimentary breakfast was fantastic, with very unique options. Well done, Hyatt Place!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travis L
Redwood City, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place Reno/Tahoe Airport for one night during our drive from Salt Lake City to San Francisco. The front desk staff were very friendly and accomodating of us and our dog -- giving us a quiet room close to an exit. The room had a fridge, couch, bed, and bathroom. It was very clean, as was the hotel throughout. The breakfast in them morning was basic, but good. They had egg scrambles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee. Overall, this was probably the best "budget" hotels I've ever stayed at. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Driving downtown or to the Peppermill or Atlantis casinos was also a snap. We went to the Atlantis for dinner and it was only about a 2-3 mile drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DC_Gale
San Rafael, California
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say. Great place, clean and spacious rooms. Our room had a king size bed that was very comfortable and my daughter slept on the sleeper sofa, also very comfortable. The hotel is across the street from the airport but you really could not hear the planes. The breakfast was great and friendly staff. Great location, great price. Our new place to stay in Reno.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Carmen94903
Stockton, California, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived at the Hyatt on June 13th for my little brothers swim meet. After so much stress due to car troubles, it was very refreshing to be greeted so nicely. We couldn't wait to get to our room and relax. The room was amazing. Separate living room area made the room very spacious. The shower was amazing, the best shower I've had while being at a hotel. The complimentary breakfasts were awesome! so much variety, and was different every morning. Definitely recommend this hotel! The quality really made it worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ithaca
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I rolled up on the Hyatt late on the afternoon of June 15 from Yosemite, road-weary, to be greeted by a solicitous desk manager, ready to assist us in any way he could. I checked in as my wife marveled at the spic and span lobby area, and the fact that an employee was sweeping a pretty clean floor! And the room matched in cleanliness and comfort, with a separate sitting area that made it homey and usable for more than sleeping. An unexpected plus was Hyatt Place's 24/7 food service, with enough dinner or snack selections that we "ate in"--a sumptuous salad, tasty flat-bread pizza, and soup for us, reasonably priced--that saved a trip out for two very tired folks. The bed was very comfortable, the house was quiet. Shouldn't we have heard planes at an airport hotel? We topped off the stay with the free breakfast, with timely attention by the friendly staff. Best stay we've had this trip, and one of the best we can recall at such a reasonable price.

Room Tip: The desk agent will give you a choice. We were on the airport side, away from the freeway. Quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple