“SOMEWHAT PRICEY, BUT MONEY'S WORTH!”

Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

My room was clean, and the bed was comfortable.
My only complaint is that the heater in my room did not work well. I was able to control it and the temperature by spending some time playing with the thermostat, and once I figured out the finicky controls it was fine.
I stayed for two nights.
The pool was nice and there were complimentary beach towels, but the water in the swimming pool was very warm - too warm.
I heard absolutely no noise from the freeway next to the hotel, and I didn't hear a single jet from the airport next door.
The staff was friendly and helpful, and they offered a very nice complimentary breakfast in the mornings.
I also enjoyed copies of both the Wall Street Journal and USA Today.
To top it off, I had no problem using their business computers they provided to print out my boarding pass before my departure.
I thought the price was somewhat high, but I think they worked hard to provide the value.
I would recommend this hotel. Especially if you want to avoid the casinos

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Reno Airport Hyatt is very clean and new. Staff is always friendly and very prompt in assisting with anything. Housekeeping staff is also very friendly. And the free breakfast is always very good (very clean dishes & utensils & tasty food)

Room Tip: They will accommodate preferences for "airport side" or "freeway side". Both ar...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I travel to Reno for business fairly often and always choose this hotel. I stayed for 4 nights this past week and enjoyed my stay again. The rooms are quiet, clean and modern. I especially like the glassed in shower; no tub to step over and no clingy shower curtain to worry about.

The gym is excellent, nice cardio equipment, filtered water and very nice, soft towels are available. It's also consistently empty at 4:30-5am so I know I can get a good workout in before breakfast. Their breakfast buffet is good with at least two breakfast sandwich options, oatmeal, fruit, pastries etc. I also sampled their new menu: try the portobello brie soup with a spinach salad.

The checkout/check-in kiosks are convenient for getting in and out. I highly recommend this location if you are traveling for business, going out to dinner and are looking for a quiet place to come back to.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor on the airport side as there is a little bit of noise on the highway side and...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Staying here was a last-minute decision due to snowy road conditions. We called from the airport and had no trouble making a reservation. The shuttle driver was waiting for us near baggage claim - so convenient! - and we soon learned he was also one of the night desk clerks. He cheerfully checked us in and made us feel very welcome. We were delighted to discover that the clean, spacious room had a fold-out sofa, so that our teenage son and daughter each had a queen-size bed. We enjoyed a late-night dinner in the lobby dining area before bedtime. The free breakfast featured hot breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, etc. - much more fun and satisfying than the usual pastries and cold cereal. I was very impressed with Hyatt Place; it was a great value and an excellent fit for our family. I will definitely look for it when booking future travel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Certainly there are many cheaper options out there in Reno with the casinos, etc. But if you are looking for non-casino, solid option near the airport is this property. It is very clean, very organized and the parking lot is brightly lit. There is an indoor pool and outdoor heated whirlpool. The whirlpool was clean and operational. The weight room has multiple cardio machines and free weights (not all Hyatt Places have this). The staff was polite and helpful, they gave recommendations for us on our free time. ***** Slam Dunk Property, 5 star.

Room Tip: My room was on the end and it had a great southern view of the mountains
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very nice, breakfast was nice, price a little high, WiFi, newer hotel so rooms were nicely appointed, close to airport, staff were new and had not been properly trained in customer service-this stay was some 12 months ago when it first opened, no airport noise, shuttle service good.

Room Tip: view to east is best, west views the freeway
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Hotel has a good location across from Reno Airport but the employees are not service oriented.
The emplyee who checked us in was rude.i paid cash at check in BUT they still CHARGED THE CREDIT CARD, I WORK for a Hyatt Hotels and we never charge the guests card when they pay CASH.we are supposed to put it in the comments for INCIDENTALS.the rooms were very noisy. I CALLED THE FRONT DESK FOR A WAKE UP but never got it the next day (:

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business