“The best”

Spa Toscana at Peppermill
Ranked #2 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Reno
Reviewed December 27, 2013

By far the best spa experience ever! Not just the quality of body treatment but the venue itself is just gorgeous. Service was outstanding too! Kudos to staff and managemen. By the way, I was there last Monday again and the place was spotless.

There are newer reviews for Spa Toscana at Peppermill

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Good: Marina and the 3rd floor treatment area. Rooms were beautiful, the "Quiet Room" waiting area was so peaceful and relaxing, with the most comfortable chairs ever. Excellent Tuscan Ritual dry brush and massage.
Bad: Pedicure. Honestly worse than the ones I get at the place inside Walmart - at more than twice the price. The treatment area could have been nice, but was noisy with uncomfortable chairs that don't have reclining backs. You can tilt the chairs, but then my feet didn't reach the water. And, btw, if your pedicure uses the words " whole milk" or "buttery", it apparently means that the technician eventually remembers to toss a tablespoon of granules into the soaking tub right before she takes your feet out. A moisturizing treatment was painted on the tops of my feet and shins - but nothing on the bottoms or calves. And the tech spent half of my expensive time chatting to the other tech and customer. Not a nice experience.
Blah: The relaxing areas. The wet areas had bowls of cucumber slices and cold cloths, which was great, but they were not refreshed often and by the time my treatments were finished the cucumbers were getting brown and icky. The lounge chairs in the "Secret Garden" (pool area screened by some plants) did not all work properly. An employee told me the humidity caused them to break down and to just keep moving until I found one that worked. Not so easy as the towel coverings were not changed at all while I was there, and some of them had wet towels laying on them the entire time. And bright sun hit some of the chairs and people kept moving because of that. As lunchtime approached, I tried to order a food delivery, but could never get a turn at the one available phone. I finally got a snack bar from my locker and had to leave earlier than planned because hunger made me headachy.
Not sure I will return. If I do, I think I will spend my free time in the quiet room and it will be only for a massage or body treatment.

2  Thank RenoHighlander
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have had multiple services at Spa Toscana and all of them were excellent. The amenities at the spa are excellent as well as the service. I can only think of one time I visited that the hot tub was down for repair, but it did not affect use of the sauna, showers, or the professional services. There is an indoor and an outdoor pool, a nice vanity area, changing rooms, and tea/water/juices available for relaxation time. Have visited this spa with girlfriends for a spa-day getaway, and have also attended a baby shower here where all the women schedule a service and then met up in the pool room for lunch (delivered to our table) afterward. Love this spa.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I live in Reno and enjoy our experience at Spa Toscana. Our visit on August 26 was genuinely disappointing. I know we won't be going on a Monday again. I was told that there is a skeleton crew on Mondays since everyone needs to work over the weekend. It was apparent with the used towels, spilled food and cups on tables in the Caldarium, their sunroom. After waiting 10 minutes for a pr of sandals because they couldn't find a pair of Women's size 9, I decided to forego wearing sandals. The shower I used had hair all over it. Usually razors are tucked in the towels that are on each shower door. Not this time. The refrigerators weren't fully stocked throughout the spa. The coffee containers weren't refreshed so it was very stale. I couldn't find an employee when I needed one.
The doors to the Caldarium were open so the guests enjoying the deck could get back into the spa. Since I have asthma and the air quality was in the unhealthy range due to forest fires, I couldn't stay in the sunroom and enjoy the pool or food service because I couldn't breathe! If I had known that, my husband would not have taken a day off work to celebrate his birthday at this spa.
The highlight was my facial from Leah. She's my go-to-gal for facials. Ask for her if you want a facial. Request Charlotte if you're looking for a top notch massage therapist.

2  Thank kre8tivk
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Spa Toscana at the Peppermill is a top quality experience. As a local, the price was very affordable and the experience was world class. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a way to relax and unwind.