“Bimini Steakhouse”

Bimini Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Savor hardwood grilled steaks, chops and seafood in an unparalleled atmosphere in Bimini, Peppermill's gourmet steakhouse. Intimate, yet open spaces provide spectacular views of the pools and gardens as you dine in the surrounds of a virtual aquarium. Over 1,000 wines from our expansive cellar pair up with a new and innovative menu to help make Bimini Reno's best steakhouse.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at the Peppermill Hotel Casino Saturday, 2/2/13 through Tuesday 2/5/13 which was pleasant. However, on Saturday evening (2/2/13) we had 7:30 dinner reservations...we were seated in a timely manner but everything went down hill from there as we did not get our meal until 9:10...the food was pricey and not very good...everything was ala carte...we won't go back!

1  Thank JPhillips1953
There are newer reviews for Bimini Steakhouse

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great food and excellent service. Superb wine list and they offer nightly specials and discounts. The perfect place for entertaining customers or enjoying dinner with your wife.

1  Thank Ed B
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Highly recommend any of the steak dishes. Prime rib also excellent. Service a little spotty but this was Super Bowl Party weekend. Excellent wine selections. This was the 5th visit to this restaurant.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our waiter was very nice and polite and was able to answer our wine questions and in fact the alternate wine that was available turned out to be a fine choice from the original selection.

After reading TA reviews, I was excited to have a great meal.

Starters:

Potted Escargot - Let's face it, we order escargot because we like butter and garlic. Dare I say, this dish had too much butter and not enough garlic? Yes, I'll say it. More garlic, less butter. To give you a visual, the escargot was served in a round plate with wells for the snails. The butter was overflowing the well. It was a lake of butter topped with little caps of puff pastry hiding the snails in their little wells, drowned.

Oysters Rockerfeller - I love oysters, I love them raw, I love them cooked. I wish I could have tasted these, because there was way too much cheese. Also, rock salt from under the shells was getting into the oysters and on your plate. I found the taste and texture to be very heavy on the palette. I expect richness in Oysters Rockerfeller, but this presentation suffered from gratin overkill.

House Salad - Mediocre
Beet Salad - My only wish is it was a vinaigrette and not a creamy dressing. Otherwise, it was fine.

Bone in Veal Chop - Good tasty and a generous cut.

Overall impressions, it is nice dining experience, that room is dramatic, the video projected underwater images interesting but boring after you see it repeat.

Perhaps we just made a poor selection of items. Given the prices, I'm not sure if I want risk taking another chance.

1  Thank jjmail94526
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is dining at it's finest. Try the half shell oysters and you will have Horshradish gelato. The steaks melt in your mouth, and the sides, such as lobster mashed potatoes and wine spinich are wonderful.
You will find the food and wine to bring your senses alive, and your mouth will never be the same.
Bon appetite !

Been to Bimini Steakhouse? Share your experiences!